Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Bought an 81 MQ SWB Patrol the other week, and the front seat belts are both buggered. The drivers one is frayed, and the passengers one wont retract.

Does anyone know if there are differences in the front seat belts accross the mq/mk range. Someone has mentioned to me that they are different in a SWB as opposed to a LWB.

If I don't have any luck getting decent secondhand ones, does anyone know what the best options are for new ones in Perth? I heard that you can get after market ones from Cov's for around $100 each.

Any info would be appreciated.

Steery

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
not sure i know my MK ute they mounted down near the floor and my swb MQ mounts about 3/4 the way down the side but total length cant tell ya tho after market ones would be fine for it as long as they mount the same way i guess take one out go down to autobarn or something and say you want two a left and right

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey there Steery you have been emailing me for parts:) I went and had a think today and im 99% sure that the front seat belts for a SWB and a LWB are different... Sorry mate but i cant help ya

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
the shorty front belts retract inside the pillar (up of the floor a bit), the LWB are mounted outside the pillar (between seat and pillar)and mounted down near floor

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thats what i remembered, surely there is someone in Perth that can help ya mate, the last two wrecks i had i just threw the seat belts out and they worked great...

·
Registered
nissan
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I bought a cheap shorty a few weeks back, and I am trying to get a few things fixed on it so I can use it as a weekender. The urgent things are seat belts (both stuffed), windscreen, and the brake / clutch peddle rubber pads. Apart from an old smoky motor, with leaking injectors, and a fair bit of rust the rest of the car seems fine. I only paid $650 for it, so I can't afford to be too fussy.

Thanks for all your help.
Steery

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
windscreen is same between MQ/MK/GQ
so finding one of those wont be hard,new screen rubbers can be had for about 80 ish ???
brand new screen in my GQ was a tad over 200 fitted
so worst case about that price for a newie

·
Registered
nissan
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found a few windscreen rubbers on ebay for around the $70 - $80 mark, but I have never fitted a windscreen before so I might be better off just getting a newone fitted professionally. I could be opening a can of worms trying it myself.

Shark, I just made the connection :) Have you had a few MQ/K's?

Steery

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
i just fitted a windscreen to mine the other week, bit of a head **** and takes a while but i got it in. just a lot of poking and proding. but when you remove yours, i would be expecting to find some rust under there.

·
Registered
nissan
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spoke to a mate this arvo who reckons it a piece of cake to change a windscreen, and he said he will help me swap it over if I can find a second hand one. But yeah, considering how much rust is in the body in other places, I would reckon there would be a bit of cancer there for sure.
Steery

·
Registered
398 Posts
Autobarn or the likes should be able to supply you brand new seat belts and stalk no problems. Just take you old belt and stalk in so they can match them up, there is only a few variations in seat belt retractors. Klippan make them, and they make the majority of genuine seat belts for most car companies

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I had a neew windscreen and rubbers fitted to my MK for $300 at my address.

I think it was national windscreens

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hmm just picked myself up another patrol, might part with the windscreen will let you know:) And they are easy to change from what i have been told...

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
windscreen for these are easy as to do,
BUT be carefull getting old ones out especially if the rubbers are hard,they crack easy if u apply to much pressure on them
best if thats the case just carefully cut the old rubber from the windscreen front edge
and push outwards on the screen from inside the car,CAREFULLY
when fitting its just a small rope u fit into the rubber and pull on the rope from inside the car and the windscreen seal should pull over the steel windscreen frame
good luck

·
Registered
nissan
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks MQ_MAD. My windscreen rubber is pretty hard, and has a bit of silicone around it too from the previous owner. I will do what you suggest when I get it out, as I will need a new seal anyways.

Thanks again for all your help
Steery

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im dragging up an old thread in hopes of help figuring out if any model shares the same front seatbelts in an 88 gq swb. They mount in the body half way up the b pillar. Is there any way of modifying wagon 2nd row seat belts to fit? Can anyone point me in the right direction??

·
Registered
2013 Patrol Y61 DX EX Telstra service body
136 Posts
I’m on holiday in Perth at the moment and just had my webbing replaced over here by Seatbelt Solutions. Seen a recommendation for them on a forum somewhere & rang them.I was going to post mine over from SA but thought I may as well wait until I was over here. Was $165 ea. I‘m very happy with the job & they were easy as to pull out & replace. They are qualified to do aircraft as well so that’s what got me over the line for them to do the job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts