Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me of a good brand of custom GU seat covers allowing for the rear arm rest? Preferably in a qick dry style material. The car is a 2011 GU. Cheers, Ralph.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Ralph, when I was looking at the canvas type, Black Duck and others, I really did not like the hard feeling of the canvas so I bought a set at Opposite Lock from West Oz Canvas, which are canvas backed and the tough cordura material over the top. But I can't seem to find the company anymore, I think they were the mob that became Michelle's Sacks then MSA. I have never seen the same covers again but they are lasting really well, seven years and still like new (well almost new).
They fit the rear seat arm rests as well so they can still fold down.

So have a look around and see if there are other alternatives to canvas.

Another good tip. For comfort on hot trips and for wet muddy trips, I got some extra big bath towels (or bath sheets) they are big enough to throw over the complete seat, I stitched the head part so it hangs over the headrest. Some more get thrown over the rear seats to stop messy kids icecreams or muddy feet

·
Registered
nissan patrol
26 Posts
If it helps, I had the Neoprene (wetsuit) material ones for the Triton, I plan on getting them for the Patrol. I found they looked great, and were very durable. I got them from ebay but yeah they were pretty expensive.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,086 Posts
I have the MSA on mine. Exxy but they are good. With 2 small kids and dogs they have lasted very well.
I have never really found an issue with the canvas. Any stains have just wiped or scrubbed off with wet wipes.
If we are at the beach we normally have towels on the seats aswell so haven't had an issue with wetness.
Feel free to drop round and have a look if you like.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
I have the MSA on mine. Exxy but they are good. With 2 small kids and dogs they have lasted very well.
I have never really found an issue with the canvas. Any stains have just wiped or scrubbed off with wet wipes.
If we are at the beach we normally have towels on the seats aswell so haven't had an issue with wetness.
Does dog hair stick ?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I had Wet Seat covers (neoprene ones), they were great and now reside in the missus' Territory.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
I had Wet Seat Neoprene but the dog's paw eventually wore through it where he laid

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
check out "old mate canvas" on facebook making some really nice canvas ones for front and rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers mate, might do that, will be in touch, do they allow for the fold down arm rest in the rear seat?

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Last i checked he was designing the second row covers and they will have the arm rests

·
Registered
nissan
340 Posts
I have MSA front and back seats, bloody expensive but they are super high quality and a much comfier canvas than black duck. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
33 Posts
I was a bit surprised that your not supposed to wash the MSA seat covers. After a few hot and dusty trips a wipe down doesn't really cut it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts