Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out of the truck yesterday and noticed a large amount of heat as I walked past the rear wheel...

Tyre and rim warm...not good...

Piston is seized in caliper, have to replace (seal damaged and let water/dirt in).

Local parts guys can get it in...on Monday, bugga...gotta drive the missus car all weekend...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Are you going to overhaul BOTH rear calipers ? Crazy not to.
Plenty of rubber grease when assembling.
New pads while you're at it.
Then no worries for at least another 80,000km.

Do it once - do it well - build a better Australia. (sign on the workshop wall where I did my trade)

·
Registered
nissan
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had them check other side, looks to have been done not long before I purchased the truck...

new pads going in too, silly not to while it's apart...

·
Registered
nissan
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truck's back up to spec, and I checked fluids today too, all good...feel's like i'm flying now, compared to sitting so low in the missus car the last few days...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Truck's back up to spec, and I checked fluids today too, all good...feel's like i'm flying now, compared to sitting so low in the missus car the last few days...
Know what you mean - been driving the wife's MX5 (she borrowed the troll). So close to the road I've got gravel rash on my arse.

·
Registered
nissan
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to have the 6 monthly safety check done on the Safari...all good except, rear brakes out of balance...

They checked rear discs, one was half worn, the other paper thin and had nasty ruts and groves in it...

Took it to 'Pit stop', brand new rotors, brand new pads, fitted, all up around $NZ300...not bad at all, passed....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts