Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys.

been looking around and trying to get some costs together... got a quote for all the parts etc.

for the people who have done this conversion themselves, did you use all the parts that marks adaptors suggested. or were you able to cut the costs and just use basic parts of the kit and source all the rest of the parts yourself???

i got my quote back from marks and there are some huge $$$ on things that i am sure i could get cheaper.

or could this be shooting myself in the foot later on.....

suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

dave

·
Registered
126 Posts
depending on your skills all you need is the adaptor, make your own trailing arm mounts, ebay a truck sump, if you have a lift it shouldn't need modifying, i got a set of block huggers out of the states for less then $500 landed, get marks alt bracket and then it is possible to make a bracket and run the std nissan ac compressor, driven off a v pully mounted to the ps pump or you can buy a bracket out of the states to run a std saden compressor, use elec thermo fans, wiring contact killa kustum kable and he has a few different option one being a plug in harness for some gu's, he can also remove the security from ecu and change the tacho output to suit some gu's. hoses etc just see enzed.
marks is the easy option but you do end up paying a large premium for it, as well there is a lot of incidentals that aren't supplied

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Years ago I put in a 253 into an MQ. All did was get an adapter kit from Castlemaine Rod Shop, used all the standard Holden parts, made up a set of plates to the engine chassis mount and not much else. Holden engines tend to fit the Patrol perfectly, as all the main components like radiator connections etc are all on the same side. Marks is there to make a profit, so there are alternatives.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan patrol
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys.

i kinda figured there was a cheaper way.. i am an aircraft mechanic by trade.. so not too shabby on the tools..

will keep an eye out for those bits. cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts