Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to ask if anyone else feels the same?
I still consider myself a young feller but seriously, if your selling your car would you take all the photo's complete with p plates fitted.
Has turned me off so many nice condition looking cars, I wont even go and have a look.
Anyone else turned off by the p plates?, I was one within 10 years ago (just), but know how I treated my cars back then lol.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
I feel the same.
also, if you cant be f'd washing and making it look all pretty - that tells me a whole lot about how the car has been treated.
same as the ads that have no photos at all - if you cant be f'd selling your car to me, i cant be f'd trying to buy it from you.
Why should i have to chase your lazy arse up for pictures.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
I ask people to ring incase they are not comfortable with giving the seller their phone number not out of lazyness

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,349 Posts
Sometimes I understand there being no photos if the thing was previously advertised and all the seller got was a bunch of 'muzza' tyre kickers. Especially if your rig does look the ducks gutz.

P plates - wont touch it, unless its a kind of 'chix' car, and only then if its auto - flame suit on haha

I also understand not buying something covered in accessories - Its less virgin than something that looks like a family bus, but beware, there are ones out there that look like family buses but were once evil mud machines n ****.

I stick to cars owned by retirees, the ones that blow smoke when you push the accelerator past that notchy point. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
bit narrow minded of you all to say you wouldnt buy a car off a p plater , when i was on my p's i sold many cars ,they were mint and modified in some way ,like 200sx's ,turbo patrols etc

i may have thrashed them but i did take care of them and they were mechanically a1

you should go look at the car and judge it off how the person looks maybe.. and overall condition of the car in person

ohh and i always took p plates off when selling cars and taking pics and they were always detailed ;)

·
Registered
nissan
65 Posts
Seeing p plates on a car puts me off buying it.

So does seeing photos of it covered in mud or lifting a wheel. Even tho thats what I would be buying it for :D

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
no foto = no chance. always been that way with me.
I bought both my current car (coming) and my last patrol without even seeing a photo of either car. just a description.

iv brought all but 3 of all the cars iv owned online, and sold all of them on carsales.com bar one! i never sold a car while on my p's. a p-plate might put me off a bit. . . but it wouldn't put me off a bargain.

·
Registered
nissan
65 Posts
The last car I sold I had a guy text me HEAPS of questions about the car. I answered all of them. After so many questions he eventually arranged to see the car and told me he would make an offer after seeing it. Then he never showed up.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Then he never showed up.
That ****s me off more than anything else.

SMSing 100's of questions?? **** that. - if your serious, call me or come and see it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
SMSing 100's of questions?? **** that. - if your serious, call me or come and see it.

But that would involve a bit of effort, conversation and manners. There is no need for that with today's technology!

:D:D:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Or people wanting to swap stupid **** like ill give you twoVL's for your ute

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
How about Commodores with 2x bald burnout tyres still on the rear in 1/2 th photos, and then stating that " it wont come with the wheels that are in the photos"... WELL PUT THE ****ERS ON THAT ARE BEING SOLD WITH IT DIP****

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
How about Commodores with 2x bald burnout tyres still on the rear in 1/2 th photos, and then stating that " it wont come with the wheels that are in the photos"... WELL PUT THE ****ERS ON THAT ARE BEING SOLD WITH IT DIP****

X2

i hate swaps! if i wanted to swap i would say i wanted to swap

1 - 18 of 18 Posts