Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all what has everyone done in terms of flares? Currently running no flares and went to put a series 1 set only to dislike them, was thinking of making my own up but would cost more. So looking to see if some have used flares from other 4x4s or if there’s any nice ones besides series 4 flares which are rare as to find

·
Registered
2000 GU Patrol Wagon TD42T
7 Posts
Hi all what has everyone done in terms of flares? Currently running no flares and went to put a series 1 set only to dislike them, was thinking of making my own up but would cost more. So looking to see if some have used flares from other 4x4s or if there’s any nice ones besides series 4 flares which are rare as to find
My Son has just put Kut Snake flares on his series II and I have to tell you the front looks and fits great but the rear is absolute garbage, the flare is mounted to the rear door and hangs down lower than the door to clear the vehicle sill when door is closed (same as wheel arch section of car aligning the rear door). This flare overhang is a recipe for something to catch on when door is open and a catch can for mud and dust when offroading, would not recommend these to anyone with a wagon but for a ute the fronts looks good to me. Also had to drill the flare for inner guard screws to secure in original flare position as well as fabricating mudflap location into Kut Snake flare (for the money these things cost, this should be done at the factory during moulding process in my opinion).

With regard to the rear wheel arch section of vehicle aligning the rear door curve, if the original flare is removed from here you will be left with mounting holes in this section of the vehicle and the Kut Snake flare just covers these when door is closed but reveals them when you open the rear door....looks crap and is also an entry point for water and mud to then sit in your sill forever (or at least until this mud causes cancer of the sill and leaves you with a permanent unsightly "Weep Hole").

Unhappy Kut Snake customer. Hope it helps you avoid same pitfalls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts