Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i adjust the dawse valve? Ive been playing with the needle and can control the spool up rate but im still seeing boost readings of 22ish psi under load...

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Undo the lock nut on the dawes valve, then wind out the dawes valve to reduce the boost. You will know what I mean once you do it. Maybe 1-2 turns to get it down to 15-16 psi.

I helped a forum member install & set his Dawes & needle valve this morning, and found his Dawes valve spring needed to be stretched 1/2" to get boost of 16psi, so your dawes needs to be adjusted OUT to reduce the 22psi boost that you are curently getting.

You will need to readjust the needle valve after adjusting the Dawes.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,667 Posts
Thanks mate. should the needle be closed while testing the maxium boost through the dawes?

If adjusting everything from scratch then close the needle valve.
If you are just fine tuning the boost then unscrew the Dawes valve a couple of turns and see what the boost levels are. After you get it right you can fine tune the needle valve. A small adjustment won't effect the spoolup rate much.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
We then followed Chaz's steps for setting the Needle valve as per this thread/post 28.
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/my-dawes-needle-setup-correct-62180/
From the thread,
1 - turn car on and idle till warm
2 - have needle valve closed
3 - slowly open needle valve until the actuator arm drops from the limiting screw
4 - Then begin to close the valve until the arm just touches the stop screw.
5 – Lock the needle valve there if it’s in the engine bay.

And then only opened the neele valve a further 1/2 turn (opened 3/4 of a turn in total).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts