Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey lads just wonderin what brand shockers to put on the SWB GQ im not a hrad core offroader just a bit of medium weekend off road fun

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
When you are pricing different brands have a look at Monroe 4x4 shocks. I'm running them (came with my GQ) and I've been impressed with them so far.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Hey lads just wonderin what brand shockers to put on the SWB GQ im not a hrad core offroader just a bit of medium weekend off road fun

cheers
Dobinson Shocks are good value for money and take a reasonable amount of punishment.

·
Registered
284 Posts
NOT Ranchos.
other than that you'll be fine.
x2

If you've the $'s go Tough Dogs 45mm (thats wat i want)
If on a budget best value for $ is the ProComps (thats wat i've got)

My 2cents

Pep

·
Registered
Nissan
586 Posts
When you are pricing different brands have a look at Monroe 4x4 shocks. I'm running them (came with my GQ) and I've been impressed with them so far.
Are these the Magnum ones? I had them on the Mk front that I had. They werent too bad, i think and they are quite cheap.

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
Are these the Magnum ones? I had them on the Mk front that I had. They werent too bad, i think and they are quite cheap.
All the shocks say is Monroe 4x4 (yellow shocks with black writing). Think they may also be called gas magnums, but not sure. I believe they are very well priced.

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
Also can they (the Monroe) be used with a two inch lift?
Yes they can run a 2 inch lift (am doing so in mine), but no more than 2 inch. Ended up ringing the monroe technical engineering guys as couldn't get a straight answer from anyone about that. I've had no issues at all and I'm not gentle lol.
(Sorry for double post, don't know how to multi quote in a single post doh!)

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
I have had Old man emus in my shorty for about 100,000ks, they still handled well when I sold it to upgrade to my GU which I put Oldman emu into. Reason ARB are stockists is because they are no fuss shockers that work. I dunno about extreme stuff, but for 2inch lift and heaps of towing they cant be faulted.
Ranchos cop a hiding on this forum, and for good reason I believe.

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
the middle of the range efs shocks are quite good for the money.
ome shocks are only revalved and branded monroes anyway. imo i wouldnt put a toughdog or rancho shock anywhere near another car i own ever.
i got src shocks dear as hell but well worth it imo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts