Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one ,
My clutch is slipping in 4th :( , going to get a new exedy heavyduty clutch and solid flywheel , ive though long and hard so im getting these done while the girl is under :
glow plugs changed ,
Injectors reco or replaced if need be,
New starter motor,
Chip and tune , dyno'd (let you know how it goes:))
Timming belt and idler changed ect
And new headgasket,
Im getting this done at a place at sandgate ,
Correct me if im wrong but im expecting 5000 biggos for it , havent had quote yet though , is this too little , too much , and does everyone think doing this at the one time is a good idea ?
My idea of thinking is do it all at once so i dont have it spring up at an unexpected time ?

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about replacing bearings in gearbox at the same time?
Thats a good question actually ? Ill jot it on the list thanks mate , ill have a chat to them and bring it up, they know what there doing , so ill ask them :)

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
If you have the money to do it all at once then do it. I paid around $2,500.00 for a H/D Safari clutch w/ new flywheel fitted.

Your fixing list is probably between $7,000 to $10,000. Depends who you to go to (mercedez benz etc), and what parts you get (brands etc), and what labour charge there is to it (BIG GQ etc :p).

Good luck,

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Thats a good question actually ? Ill jot it on the list thanks mate , ill have a chat to them and bring it up, they know what there doing , so ill ask them :)
I think he was having a go at you mate. Don't forget it is their business to sell/do work. (i.e. come in sucker)

It would help if we knew model, kilometers etc.

Normal time to look at injectors is 100-150k for example. Starter motor???? Glow plugs - is it hard to start?

By the sound of 'timing belt and chip' it isn't a 4.2, so if it's one of the small motors you may need some of this preventive work???

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey mate, if it was a go at me , hey its his life to be a twit , if not shame on me lol , my 2.8 gu td28 diesel has 349000 , quite a bit of ks ,last monyh ive clocked on ove 3000 ks my self as i do contracting ect, very had to start , clicks then you can hear the starter motor trying to do its job but it takes a few goes , i have bought glow plugs , just need them in .(never have time,and timingbelt i wouldnt hAve a clue wen it was last done,i asked all the questions wen i bought it , but the guy who had it , had it for a year and the only thing he did was change the oil :/, its more of a future prevention ? I hav money now and the time , so id like to do it now then wen i dont have both ? Woud there be anything that i should get done instead ?

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Fair enough burto, that's quite a few k's.

The 2.8 blokes on here usually are more than willing to help.

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fair enough burto, that's quite a few k's.

The 2.8 blokes on here usually are more than willing to help.
Thanks bruza , i was hoping so too ? Oh well . Thanks for replying to my thread anyways :) ill let ya know how it goes .

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Where abouts are you?

If you have an abundance of cash, I highly recommend a 3inch straight through exhaust. Before you get the chip and tune aswell.

And the EGR block off, dont forget that bit!

Cheers and good luck :D

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where abouts are you?

If you have an abundance of cash, I highly recommend a 3inch straight through exhaust. Before you get the chip and tune aswell.

And the EGR block off, dont forget that bit!

Cheers and good luck :D
Hey man thanks for the reply ,sorry if i sound like a simpleton :( wats the E.G.R block off ? , i can get my exhaust and dump pipe made through a friend ,
mates rates :) . thanks for the response and helping me !

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Hate to have to say it again , but use the search facility, there are oodles of threads on blocking the EGR, Some say shim it, I think there was a DIY in the DIY section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts