Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, closed S&S poll thread, we have decided that if restrictions allow us, the S&S will go ahead on Saturday the 22nd August 2020. Due to existing uncertainties it will be a 'No Frills' affair, I won't be chasing up sponsors for raffle prizes so likely no raffles, there will be no jumping castle, no money outlayed by the forum other than possibly for Category prizes. Categories will be announced later but will probably be reduced in number. The S&S will basically be a simple get together for a chat and a few brews, if we can think of little entertainment projects along the way, we will.

The event will be held on the usual property kindly supplied by Sim and Shell, 93 Leahy Rd Caboolture, it will commence at 1200hrs and finish at 1700hrs. After that we will have the now traditional camp fire and a meal and a few beers. For those that wish to camp overnight, that option is there as well, as is breakfast the next morning. Sim and Shell will look after the food side.

There will be a separate 'who's attending thread, so please keep this thread for discussion only. As more detail comes to hand I will add it to this post.

S&S entry fee will be $15.00 as usual, with a visitor levy of $1.00.
The cost of food will be worked out later.
If you are interested in attending put your names in the Show and Shine 2020 Attending Thread.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
QLD Govt has indicated today that borders may not reopen until Sept, personally I find that a long shot unless we see evidence of a 2nd wave in 2-3 weeks, so for interstaters thinking about making the trip, watch this space :).

·
Registered
nissan
11,008 Posts
QLD Govt has indicated today that borders may not reopen until Sept, personally I find that a long shot unless we see evidence of a 2nd wave in 2-3 weeks, so for interstaters thinking about making the trip, watch this space :).
surely pluckachook cant keep this charade up till september without some very very solid evidence to suggest its required.
I hope it doesnt go on till then as most of my week long camping destinations are in nsw and by september its way to bloody hot to go.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ch 7 tonight had in a headline tonight that anastasia alphabet said borders would not open until september, she didn't say that at all, I saw the press conference of a few days ago, what she said was borders 'may' not open till september, there is a big difference, the process will be reviewed at the end of May, and so on. I'm not a big fan of hers but I think she has done a good job and in situations like this you never give a short date, I'm confident that if NSW gets its system under control the border will open earlier.

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
216 Posts
Hope they get these borders open before the show & shine as I’m trying to get some much needed R& R in sunny QLD.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,258 Posts
coming for a drive rob or just jetset in with the flashy mustang like last year?
(really just wondering if we need to be prepping for that bloody grappa again?)
You're a cunny funt..
Will depend on the cost of flights I recon and what's on at work.
But in saying that, IF I fly up, I'll send a bottle up to Brisbane ahead of time and pick it up when I get there.
The airline wouldn't let me take any last year. One bloke rambled $hit about it needing to be stored in the wings? not the cargo bay..
Another proceeded to explain the difference between an aeroplane and a rocket..

This brings about a very interesting question.. Why is spell check upset with the word aeroplane??

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
216 Posts
Any border updates for NSW&QLD

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
216 Posts
Thanks for the reply, getting conflicting news about borders here in vic regarding NSW and QLD, this morning they reported SA could open borders to ACT . ?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply, getting conflicting news about borders here in vic regarding NSW and QLD, this morning they reported SA could open borders to ACT . ?
It has been hypothesised that a corridor from QLD through NT to SA could be established, NT has had nothing for ages.

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
216 Posts
Thanks for the update

1 - 13 of 13 Posts