Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i've quite easily found the limits of my rather stock mq suspension :mad:, and i have no doubt that many of you's have good set ups, so i was hoping i could see some pics and get a few details of what everyone else is doin? thanks fellas ;)
i'll get the ball rolling :)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Sport utility vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't suppose I could get a bit of detail on your setups too please?, ie. springs, shocks, shackles.....? as I only wanna spend cash on the right gear :)

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
2" snake racing shackles with poly bushes (the extra flex the shackles allow chews out rubber bushes far too quick)
2" tough dog springs in the rear
2" king springs in the front
2" body lift to help clear tires when they tuck into the guards
4" extended bluemaxx shocks front and rear
need to extend your bump stops 2-3" though otherwise the shocks will be shagged real quick and you wont get maximum down travel.

be sure to increase your track width when lifting your truck this much...preferably 15x10's with -44 to -50 offset or flipped 15x8s.
the wide offset will also avoid any scrubbing issues you will have on your chassis rails in the rear and leaf springs in the front at full lock.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,303 Posts
standard front springs reset , 2" rear springs i think
falcon ute shockies and commodore wagon shockies as they are longer then standard patrol shockies.
Sway bar removed
and 2"body lift
mine should be better now but have not had it out yet have new front springs and shockies ready to go in. It rides heaps better now with new springs in front.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have a Spoa, custom shocks and some trimming to fit the 37's. Stock ratio's and gearbox.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts