Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
finally got my front end sorted and this is what it does

sprung UNDER. Normal extended shackles.
Wow that's awesome! What exactly have you done to it?

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
mate, GQs and GUs can get some pretty amazing flex, but our cars have a completely different setup, as in, no coils from factory...

So it's similar to comparing how high an air craft can go, Moon rocket vs Ultra-light ;-) LOL
hence why it's pointless for you to post your flex pics in this section :hmm: In any case, I think all of us would love to be able to fit the coil suspension, but non of us wants to get a GQ:cool:

Perfectly said mate! I couldn't agree more.
I've got a GQ but my SWB MQ is the vehicle of choice for serious fun :)

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
the courier is bogged we pretty much just keep them chained together when we go out!! them things get stuck at the site of mud :rolleyes:

Hahaha, My cousins colarado is the same.

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
Lack of flex

I jacked my shorty up tonight to slide the ramp under the wheel for a little more room underneith to work. But when I did I jacked the whole front off the ground from the left spring... Might need some work to get it flexing I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
Even just the front locker will help heaps H, I can't wait to get mine registered & fit some lockers.

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
That's awesome!

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
Heres My MK SD33 Flexin 31's 2'' spring 2" shackles 1" body soon to get 33" mudders :D
That looks great Yono325ic!
Would you mind if I copied your canopy design? Mine is very similar, has a big plastic window where yours rolls up in the middle & my window is bugered plus it doesn't quite fit perfectly. It's very hard to get on & off.

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
This is the first time I've flexed my MK since it got the 33x12.5's. It doesn't flex really well but it had clearance everywhere, altho full lock will change that & how my fibreglass flares look.
The front right is barely on the ground tho. The last pic is just of my poor old soft top. Yes I need a 33" spare tyre, the 30x9.5 won't quite cut the mud :(

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
Yeah mate go ahead. Half my buttons are gone but there's enough to keep it from becoming a black sail! The top part and sides are attached with channel and hard plastic piping that slide on/off. Nice truck, ls1 is gonna be crazy..!
Thanks mate. Yeah I'm super excited about the LS1! My cousin is bringing my completed engine loom & a few other parts from Tumby Bay to Mildura for me this weekend :D
My little L28 is taking me to work for the last time tomorrow before I start pulling it out.

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
Looks like I'll have to take my shocks out & have another try. Then measure the length of shocks I need.

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
[Qeehuusen;1077836]Top off and they are simply the best shorty around :D I wanna do this chop on my gq....[/QUOTE]

I love my shorty, & it hardley ever has the top on. I've been considering doing a body swap for a while now but have to find a GQ shorty for the right price so I can put my MK body onto the coil chassis. Might never happen now tho as I'm almost finished with the LS1 V8 conversion.

·
Registered
nissan
236 Posts
I agree guys. I've seen a few LWB GQ's cut down into twin cabs & they look ok but not as special as an MQ-MK SWB. Plus if the roof doesn't fit it's a waste of time & money.
I'd be better off changing my MK to coils one day now the V8 is in & mounted. Too much work to put the drive line into a GQ chassis & have to worry about body mounts that won't line up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts