Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #1
Seein as different ones keep gettin confused with the other thread, I'll start another one for Moto's. :)

Foo

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #2
Only ever had 4 moto's. First was a TS250 Suzuki that had 1mm oversized piston and the head shaved as far as it could go and had a decompression valve in it that worked like an exhaust brake. It pulled like a four stroke but with the power band. I'd put the Bassani power pipe on whenever I went flogging around the bush and then when used for motor pacing me for training the standard exhaust had a 1mtr copper pipe extension put on it. The strange thing about that extension was, it acted like a power pipe also, for some strange reason. :eek: :unsure:

First road bike was a GT380 Suzuki tripple that was a little temperamental at times. The second was the Honda 750 F2 that I put a 3/4 Hurrican fairing on and was a nice bike to ride with great fuel economy.

Then I had two Honda 900 F2B's, one from new and then a 2nd hand one later down the track. Great bike to ride and cornered nicely when good rubber was put on it = Pirelli Phantoms. Got into trouble when I sold the first one, by my wife but we needed a good car. :cry:

Foo

Foo

Registered
CRD Wagon

The KTM is mine.
Has no guards on it at the moment. Having some issues with the power valve governer after swamping it.

Registered
Only ever had 4 moto's. First was a TS250 Suzuki that had 1mm oversized piston and the head shaved as far as it could go and had a decompression valve in it that worked like an exhaust brake. It pulled like a four stroke but with the power band. I'd put the Bassani power pipe on whenever I went flogging around the bush and then when used for motor pacing me for training the standard exhaust had a 1mtr copper pipe extension put on it. The strange thing about that extension was, it acted like a power pipe also, for some strange reason. :eek: :unsure:

First road bike was a GT380 Suzuki tripple that was a little temperamental at times. The second was the Honda 750 F2 that I put a 3/4 Hurrican fairing on and was a nice bike to ride with great fuel economy.

Then I had two Honda 900 F2B's, one from new and then a 2nd hand one later down the track. Great bike to ride and cornered nicely when good rubber was put on it = Pirelli Phantoms. Got into trouble when I sold the first one, by my wife but we needed a good car. :cry:

Foo

Foo
That TS250 sound interesting you got to love a stroker.... my first road bike was a Yamaha tzr 250, that was pre digital photos tho so can't show you a photo.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #7
The toy that a mate and I were building up to race. 650 Yamaha Twin with different carbies to run on AVGAS. Never got to race it, as the girlfriend now wife, wasn't real keen on me taking up a moto sport. The only time that I have given in, where a sport was concerned. 馃槩

His parents were ground keepers at the Girls Gramma School in Ipswich and when we got it going, we did the test rides around the roads of the school, that had all the girls at the windows. 馃ぃ

Foo

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #8
Just found a pic of my 900 F2B.

Foo

Reactions: trev zd30

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
And one of these. No, not a Manx. The Duke.

Reactions: Foo

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
And one of these without the chair and a single pillion seat. I gave up riding when I finally realised my ambitions far outweighed my capabilities.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #12
I had one of these, and still have the scars.
View attachment 519988
Was that a J model? If it was, the power band in them was crazy. It gave you no warning of it cutting in and would spit you off, very fast. :eek: 馃ぃ I changed the jets in mine and it became more rideable and a better climber. I went down a size in the main up one in the secondary and made the mixture a bit richer = happy days. 馃檪

Foo

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Was that a J model? If it was, the power band in them was crazy. It gave you no warning of it cutting in and would spit you off, very fast. :eek: 馃ぃ I changed the jets in mine and it became more rideable and a better climber. I went down a size in the main up one in the secondary and made the mixture a bit richer = happy days. 馃檪

Foo
That鈥檚 the one with the quick action throttle. I too changed the cogs. More than once did we part company usually quite spectacularly, unfortunately I didn鈥檛 observe me gracefully flying through the air, but I did closely examine the ground that rose to meet me and the ensuing quantities of claret that I donated to the local ant population. 馃檮

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #14
That鈥檚 the one with the quick action throttle. I too changed the cogs. More than once did we part company usually quite spectacularly, unfortunately I didn鈥檛 observe me gracefully flying through the air, but I did closely examine the ground that rose to meet me and the ensuing quantities of claret that I donated to the local ant population. 馃檮
馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ Sorry, no not really, because that's a funny image. :unsure:馃ぃ馃槆

The 465 of the same year, was actually a lot easier to ride. ;)

Foo

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Yes, others too found my flying ability funny, my landing skills were entertaining as well, according to them. Even the Doctor practicing his sewing skills couldn鈥檛 suppress a laugh.

Registered
The toy that a mate and I were building up to race. 650 Yamaha Twin with different carbies to run on AVGAS. Never got to race it, as the girlfriend now wife, wasn't real keen on me taking up a moto sport. The only time that I have given in, where a sport was concerned. 馃槩

His parents were ground keepers at the Girls Gramma School in Ipswich and when we got it going, we did the test rides around the roads of the school, that had all the girls at the windows. 馃ぃ

View attachment 519986

Foo
I know a little about " wife, wasn't real keen on me taking up a moto sport" as I'm am now band from competitive motorcycle riding after a failed attempt at the 2014 Australasian Safari. Helicoptered out of day 4 to Exmouth Hospital then royal flying doctors to Perth. Broken collarbone and 3 months of concussion symptoms.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #17
I know a little about " wife, wasn't real keen on me taking up a moto sport" as I'm am now band from competitive motorcycle riding after a failed attempt at the 2014 Australasian Safari. Helicoptered out of day 4 to Exmouth Hospital then royal flying doctors to Perth. Broken collarbone and 3 months of concussion symptoms.

View attachment 519991
Bugger but three months of concussion symptoms isn't good. :unsure:

Foo

Registered
This is my current ride. Had one 450 Honda then three 750 Hondas before it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts