Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #21
She has banned only competitive riding, since that I fixed up the crashed bike got it road registered and did an unassisted crossing of the Simpson desert crossing. 5-6,000k from Melbourne in 10 days on this. View attachment 519993
Cool! (y)

Foo

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
鈥67 Ducati 100cc Mountaineer

Reactions: Foo

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #25
A mate had one of these for a short time and I got to take it for a ride and well. :eek: Wait for clutch plates to reach 32c, then wheel out his driveway and into an open speed zone, crank the throttle and hoooooly chit, 100kmh and still in 1st gear. :eek: He was a shorter bloke than me and it scared the bejesus outta him but he didn't have the rebound on the shock set up right, because it was tryin to kick me over the handle bars but what a bloody magic thing to ride and that Ducati exhaust note, well.....................................pure mental stimulation. :cool:

Foo

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #26

Registered
nissan patrol
Couple pics of mine.
2004 Kawasaki ZZR250
Great little bike just little bit light when windy and little underpowered going up some hills and overtaking on open road.
Otherwise does me perfectly.

Want to upgrade eventually to a Honda Rebel/CMX500, for little more power and weight, and fit in bit more with mates with thier Harleys etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Registered
Couple pics of mine.
2004 Kawasaki ZZR250
Great little bike just little bit light when windy and little underpowered going up some hills and overtaking on open road.

Want to upgrade eventually to a Honda Rebel/CMX500, for little more power and weight, and fit in bit more with mates with thier Harleys etc

Thats the same as my wife's first bike. they are a good little bike, very nice.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Couple pics of mine.
2004 Kawasaki ZZR250

My brother had one of these, I think. Lite as all hell but pulled up from 150-0 in a stupidly short amount of time. Also needed to be careful laying into a tight corner, coming from a CB900 F2B. :eek:

Foo

Registered
nissan
My introduction to motorbikes sort of mid teens was by fitting Victa mower engines into 28" push bike frames (bloody dangerous).
My first motorbike was a Montessa trials bike in my late teens that I got cheap because it had the kick starter welded on馃槼馃槼. Similar to this one
image.jpeg

My only other bike in mid twenties was an XR600 Honda Thumper, similar to this one.
image.jpeg

Mate left his Ducati 860 with me to use when he went overseas about same time. I wanted one of them after that. Ooooh that exhaust note馃憤馃憤. Similar to this but blue.
image.jpeg

He wrecked it about four weeks after he came home on Mt Morgan range. He and his girlfriend pillion passenger got over a hundred stitches between them.馃馃

Registered
CRD Wagon
My brother had one of these, I think. Lite as all hell but pulled up from 150-0 in a stupidly short amount of time. Also needed to be careful laying into a tight corner, coming from a CB900 F2B. :eek:

View attachment 520032

Foo
That ZXR tail end reminds me of my RGV 250 that I now kick myself for selling.

On a mission
2013 Ranger
Always been a fan of moto's. Had a couple of mx's as a kid. Never got my license for the road though. Probably a good thing mind you. Sold all the bikes i had but i did buy this off a mate for $100, at a guess 6 years ago, with the intention of fixing it up. Still sitting here, hasnt been touched. One day ill get to it.

Attachments

Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
Not a big bike person. My dad rode bikes thru the 40s (Indian750cc twin) and said hey were dangerous things and always would recall when his two mates went under the rear tray of truck on the crest of a hill. Heard some yarns at dads funeral from his old-timer mate_was good)

My first was a Malvern Star auto bike with 98cc Villiers engine(originally dads). Remember he was not pleased with me when I swapped the front wheel for a wheel for my MalvernStar semi racer push bike(still have it) pushy was second hand to me in mid 60s(10 speed now). He had made a chainsaw using this same motor(before my time) and then I put it back into the autobike.
Autobike had the long rectangular fuel tank_pretty sure like this one. Was sold a few yrs ago after dads passing(cheap I reckon but had no say in that:mad:_u know how it is)

Malver star Autobike.jpg

Dad made me a mini bike using the engine(extended front forks of course), remember having to often make up a new clutch actuator pin from 3" nails. Dad was a bit mech handy, like when I was about 10 (mid 60'), was getting ready for his parents farm sale, got this A model ford going and working up the big end bearing with shim brass(drove it to the line up).

Bought a mid 50's BSA 250cc side valve off a fellow F&M apprentice (in 1972) for $150, was great and never registered it but rode it on the farm. When I brought it home we painted it up to original BSA colours. The carbie barrel slide use to stick open (full throttle) needed to be ready to shut off the spark(fond times).

Like this one, but not as tidy.
BSA 250cc side valve.jpg

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter #38
Don't know how practical this would be? :unsure:

Foo

Reactions: trev zd30
21 - 40 of 51 Posts