Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1490 Posts

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us that like cycling = road, track, downhill, mountain biking show and tell us about your bike.

Those of you that want to talk chit and hang chit.......... Fork off and don't come here!!!!!!!! :angryfir:

Foo

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothig to be embarrassed about, Troy. I give encouragement to anyone that wants to ride and enjoy themselves.

Foo

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
This in mine... Been a while since i blew the bust off it... and getting a bit to old to ride the dirt jumps these days..

One day i'll pump the tyres up and go out there and have another crack (crack of the neck no doubt) :lol:

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
I also had this.. But it used to take me ages to get where i was going... the cops hated it.. Never caught me tho. :lol:

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My track bike is a Fuji 2.0 with Dura ace wheels but will upgrade the frame later on this year to a full Carbon Fibre frame. My road frame is a Scott Foil full Carbon running Ultegra components.

In training mode.

Foo

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do footpath bikes count Foo? Like mine:
Of course they do Esty. I see and talk to lots of people that ride bikes and they say.....Oh ours isn't as good as yours and my reply is.............That doesn't matter, because you're out riding and enjoying yourself and that's all that matters! ;)

Foo

·
Registered
22,099 Posts
I don't know if it is appropriate for this thread but motivation and emotional state can do a lot to enhance one's speed on the bike.

I know this because when I was a kid I was at the beach and saw a parsnip floating in the water, I retrieved it and was holding it in my hand wondering what to do with it. Then I spotted another kid that I didn't like (Jamie) and I biffed it at him. Hit him square on the head. He became enraged and rushed at me threatening to kill me. I thought discretion was the better part of valour so I hopped on my bike (British Empire 28" and 3 speed Sturmey Archer gears) and lit out for home.
Jamie hopped on his bike (26" no gears) and chased me. I drew away quite easily and left him panting in my wake.

From this experience I concluded that fear is a greater motivator than anger.

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
29,498 Posts
I don't know if it is appropriate for this thread but motivation and emotional state can do a lot to enhance one's speed on the bike.

I know this because when I was a kid I was at the beach and saw a parsnip floating in the water, I retrieved it and was holding it in my hand wondering what to do with it. Then I spotted another kid that I didn't like (Jamie) and I biffed it at him. Hit him square on the head. He became enraged and rushed at me threatening to kill me. I thought discretion was the better part of valour so I hopped on my bike (British Empire 28" and 3 speed Sturmey Archer gears) and lit out for home.
Jamie hopped on his bike (26" no gears) and chased me. I drew away quite easily and left him panting in my wake.

From this experience I concluded that fear is a greater motivator than anger.
I bet he caught up with ya the next day a school tho' ??????
Of all things to be floating around in the ocean... A fcken Parsnip.... lol
Sure it wasn't a sea cucumber??

·
Registered
22,099 Posts
Lots of stuff floats around in the ocean Troy. And no, he didn't catch up with me at school because I had some big mates and it wouldn't have gone well for him.

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
29,498 Posts
Lots of stuff floats around in the ocean Troy. And no, he didn't catch up with me at school because I had some big mates and it wouldn't have gone well for him.
No need to tell me what floats around in the ocean esty...I've seen lots of chit floating about... Usually after big storms and the sewer plant can't handle the treatment process of things and pump stuff straight out...

·
Weekend Warrior
10,372 Posts
I bought one like this brand new when I was a bike mechanic while at tafe. I worked at goldcross cycles lol....

2004 GT Avalanche 0.5

Very solid frame, triple wall rims, truvativ cranks, hydraulic disc brakes, mazocchi forks and other stuff lol

Paid $900 with staff discount and it still has the original 3500km ive put on it. Good bike!! Still got it. I need to ride more....

Im sure there is a couple of dudes who recognise me now hahaha

Attachments

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,641 Posts
I have one of these.

https://www.reidcycles.com.au/x-trail-29er.html

Flatbar, 29inch. I was juggling between the 26 and the 29.. 26 was easier to turn but the 29 cruised along a lot better.

Free servicing too, not that it has needed it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 1490 Posts
About this Discussion
1.5K Replies
46 Participants
Foo
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 is the best Nissan Patrol forum to discuss the SUV’s specs, parts, accessories, reviews, problems and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing