Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have one of these.

https://www.reidcycles.com.au/x-trail-29er.html

Flatbar, 29inch. I was juggling between the 26 and the 29.. 26 was easier to turn but the 29 cruised along a lot better.

Free servicing too, not that it has needed it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Not a lot of love for the 29ers in the scrub but as you say....Good for cruising in a straight line. :)

Foo

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Im not so keen on conventional MTB's, they usually dont handle my size and weight (my GT was one of the few that didnt feel like the whole thing wasnt flexing and stressed) and put a lot of stress on the wrists.

I wouldnt mind making one of these again, a lot of fun on wet grass and about enough exercise I would need each day, also crunching big gears is a cynch, just make sure your feet are not working above your heart :lol:

Greenspeed Recumbent Trikes - Tandem Bike - Comfort Bikes - Velomobile - Trike

And no, I dont fancy looking like one of those flanders poofters out on the open road with one of these with a flag and a sore ass hole... keep it off the road ffs

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can't upload any photos at the moment cause I can't get into photobucket, but here are some links, I'll post some pics tonight.

2012 Camber Evo R 29er (XC/Trail)

Now with xx Drivetrain and Rock Shox Monarch RT3 and Stans Arch EX Rear Wheel (wheels are consumables right?)
Plans for Guide RSC's and X01 when I maybe stop buying other toys

https://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/bike-archive/2012/camber/camberexpertcarbonevor29/37222

2016 Fuse Expert (Trail HT Weapon)

https://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/bikes/mountain/trail/fuse-expert-6fattie/106977

2014 Felt F65X (Cyclocross/Commuter/Roadie)

Force Groupset Upgrade

2014 F65X - Felt Bicycles

Reactions: Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My latest edition should be here the first week of next month. Full Carbon Fibre frame but i won't be getting those wheels.:D

This is now three weeks old and am very happy with it. :)

Foo

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,551 Posts
Could be a forumites heading to Dans.

Attachments

Reactions: Marko_SJ and Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Or it could be Dronus? ;)

Fii

·
Registered
nissan
338 Posts
Just got my daddy bmx, was sick of watching my 6yr old at the skateparks having all the fun. There is quite a few 24" bmx available now as all of us that had a bmx in the 80s freestyle fad have grown up I guess. Went with an Aussie company as well! Colony Eclipse 24

24, 18 and an 20 in our toy room for comparison

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My new frame was waiting for me, when I got home, and first order of the day was to put my good wheels on.

Foo

Your worst nightmare is behind you. 😈

Reactions: VinceGU05

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
I'd post some up but photobucket seems to have a terminal problem. Prob time to ditch the pos and get another image hosting site

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I post all mine from Tapatalk and then edit on the poota. ;)

Foo

Reactions: warthog

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
2012 S5 Mix of Ultegra 10 and 11 speed, 10s caplipers 11s derailleurs and levers.
11s does change better and the extra range is good on the rear.
With the medium cage derailleur, I can run a 32t rear cassette.
Has a Sram 10s chainset on the front with 175mm arms and 38/53 rings.
The Zipps are the best upgrade it's had. I need to use them for my ageing legs to hang onto some of the stronger riders where I live
20161104_213008.jpg
The mighty Aldi 29er. It was cheap and the only way I was going to get onto a MTB anytime soon. Got one for my son as well and still ended up paying less than one would have cost at the lbs. Tektro cable discs and shimano 3x9s alivio. Does the job so far but I've got upgradeitis already :roll:
20161104_213104.jpg 20161029_171028.jpg
Ribble frame set and a mix of old ultegra 6600 and 6700 stuff I had laying around.
All weather commuter with a dynohub for reliable lighting. I have battery lights to supplement. Does the job and was cheap.
I have it set up with the bars/seat relationship very similar to the cervelo so I get used to the same postion, same seat also, fizik arione.
20161104_213113.jpg
I also have a cervelo time trial bike wiyh disc wheel and 85 mm deep front carbon single. Cbfed digging the wheels out and putting them on at the moment. It doesn't get used much anymore but I'd get nothing if I sold it so it hangs around.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
My wife's bike

8s alfine hub gears, leather grips and sprung leather saddle.
She's ridden it twice.
That was a waste of $800 :roll:

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Anyone from SEQ ridden the tracks around Glasshouse/Beerburrum/Wamuran or Beewah, on their MTBs?

Foo

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
Anyone from SEQ ridden the tracks around Glasshouse/Beerburrum/Wamuran or Beewah, on their MTBs?

Foo
I'll be getting in to it when i finish building a house at beerburrum

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 2335 Posts