Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1814 Posts

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,742
Awesome Foo
Haha, dunno about that but it gives me hope for the future. I know my ability and what I'm capable of but getting fit is the problem with the work that I do but thanks for comment. :)

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,744
Well, I have my big ride today. Leaving shortly. Should be good if the wind stays calm
Enjoy but hope it's not to hot.

Foo

·
Registered
Nissan
6,598 Posts
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/8uN79kHOR1

Run and done. Was a great ride. Riding back to the finish was a bit of an effort. Massive head wind

·
Registered
Nissan
6,598 Posts
Got told to get on the path today, so I told them to **** off. First time I've ever had a car driver openly tell me to get off the road. She was upset because she had to stop for me

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
678 Posts
Got told to get on the path today, so I told them to **** off. First time I've ever had a car driver openly tell me to get off the road. She was upset because she had to stop for me
I think if all new drivers had to ride 50cc mopeds for a year they'd have more empathy for those that are "in their way". That being said, when a rider has room to safely use some courtesy, let people through and instead choose to hold the middle that is annoying.

As for this thread. I'll play.
I have an old(ish) Giant XTC 29er and a Giant ATX 27.5 (recently bought second hand to build)

I intended to upgrade the forks on the XTC to a higher spec, throw the Rockshox Recons onto the ATX after a rebuild and then change the groupset on the ATX to a Shimano Zee 1*10. I also have better BB ad cranks, hydraulic brakes and Truvative handlebars and stem to go onto the ATX.

Not sure if I should not bother and just keep the ATX for my GF?

·
Registered
Nissan
6,598 Posts
I think if all new drivers had to ride 50cc mopeds for a year they'd have more empathy for those that are "in their way". That being said, when a rider has room to safely use some courtesy, let people through and instead choose to hold the middle that is annoying.

As for this thread. I'll play.
I have an old(ish) Giant XTC 29er and a Giant ATX 27.5 (recently bought second hand to build)

I intended to upgrade the forks on the XTC to a higher spec, throw the Rockshox Recons onto the ATX after a rebuild and then change the groupset on the ATX to a Shimano Zee 1*10. I also have better BB ad cranks, hydraulic brakes and Truvative handlebars and stem to go onto the ATX.

Not sure if I should not bother and just keep the ATX for my GF?

I'll bite. T intersection. I had right of way. I was coming along the main road and they were turning left onto the street I was on.

As for the bikes. Just keep the ATX for the gf

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
678 Posts
I'll bite. T intersection. I had right of way. I was coming along the main road and they were turning left onto the street I was on.

As for the bikes. Just keep the ATX for the gf
Might be the way to go. I have a bunch of components sitting there to build a fun pump track bike; but it may be better to just put them on a new frame so I dont have to worry about things not being compatible i.e.: the 1 1/8 steerer on the ATX.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,577 Posts
Waiting to be picked up by my wife from lockwood. Got a lift there by a bloke in a ute from near Daylesford. Derailleur hanger.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,598 Posts
Waiting to be picked up by my wife from lockwood. Got a lift there by a bloke in a ute from near Daylesford. Derailleur hanger.

Oh no not again! What happened? You ok?

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,754
WTF? There is seriously sompin wrong with your gear. Did it break or was adjustment out and ya landed in the spokes? 🤔

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
6,598 Posts
Yeah I'm fine
Was going slow luckily.
Must have been cracked. It just broke. I had a quick look at it when I built up the frame and it seemed fine. Should've worn my glasses
Phew! You had me worried bloke. Well at least you're getting good at changing hangers and rear derailleurs

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,174 Posts
@Foo , how’d you go racing yesterday?

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,759
@Foo , how’d you go racing yesterday?
Okay for the amount of training that I can do but in a world of hurtin this morning. Racing again this afternoon and that ill, definitely hurt some. One of my mates daughters was there to race for the first time in the open classes, she is 12yrs old. :eek: :eek: So that means I'm giving away up to 50yrs on some of my competitors. :oops: But I still give the same effort of all or nothing and at this point in time, that's all I can do. Thanks for asking. :)

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,760
I spotted the next emerging young rider for the Elite last night, a young bloke by the name of Byron Davies and at the age of 19yrs, I'm confident that he has the goods. His first ever flying 200mtrs = 10.5sec :eek: Watch this space! Oh and he is an Ipswich Club rider. :cool: Just to put the time into perspective, that's an average speed of 65kmh+.

Foo

1741 - 1760 of 1814 Posts