2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,338 Posts
That was my last year of primary school after repeating grade 6, 7 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,225 Posts
Well a few months ago you fellas may recall I was considering a mountain bike as a jack of all trades all rounder, to ride near home for fitness but also take out on local tracks when the season comes and might find I really enjoyed it, I asked a number of (no doubt) dumb questions and I appreciated the sensible (and tolerant) responses 😆

Well a giant talon, or better still a fathom was suggested. I figured a second hand fathom in good nick would be sane price or cheaper than a new talon, so looked at them. Then second hand anthems came into the picture, then second hand trances, and I had to learn the difference in characteristics between an anthem and trance, and indeed between a Hardtail and a dual suspension bike that is not a dedicated downhill weapon. Google, YouTube, and then Klappers got a thrashing. Models looked at got more and more pricey, and a couple of maybes fell through, then I came across a new 2019 trance at a bike shop. The 2020s were out so this one was discounted a good few hunj, and the new models were little more than a new colour scheme apparently, as it’s about every 3 years they get a big upgrade and this was not that year.
So after considerable pestering of Klappers, who even went down to his local bike shop to ask questions and see what they had, I bought the trance.

Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit ‘A’;

Here’s a link, I think it’s the seppo website but it has specs to save anyone asking any questions I can’t answer hehe

Anyway I’d like to thank Klappers for his patience and willingness to answer dumb questions (like when I said WTF it doesn’t come with pedals?? My car came with a fkn engine FFS), and although I’ve been away at work and then away on hols for two weeks (misso wouldn’t let me take it, “too expensive to leave chained to camper and get covered in salt or pinched” she reckons) so I’ve hardly got to use it apart from my half hour morning rides, and winter is the season I’m told, but holy crap I can’t believe how smooth it is. I belt over kerbs etc in car park at shops and you barely feel it, bloody amazing, can’t wait til it cools down and I can go up to the hills for a hoot!

So anyway there ya go. Cheers lads!

Oh... a couple of the fellas at work have MTBs too. The boss reckons this is the new company profile hehe...

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,886
It's amazing how much work has gone into the bikes of today. A far cry from my youth and the bike that I made up from parts scavenged from the dump and then chasing AJS's BSA n CZ's around the bush on it. 😲 Enjoy it to help chill yaself out, because when I'm real angry about life or for some reason that I don't know about, I just flog myself on them to get the stress out.

Foo

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,687 Posts
Well a few months ago you fellas may recall I was considering a mountain bike as a jack of all trades all rounder, to ride near home for fitness but also take out on local tracks when the season comes and might find I really enjoyed it, I asked a number of (no doubt) dumb questions and I appreciated the sensible (and tolerant) responses

Well a giant talon, or better still a fathom was suggested. I figured a second hand fathom in good nick would be sane price or cheaper than a new talon, so looked at them. Then second hand anthems came into the picture, then second hand trances, and I had to learn the difference in characteristics between an anthem and trance, and indeed between a Hardtail and a dual suspension bike that is not a dedicated downhill weapon. Google, YouTube, and then Klappers got a thrashing. Models looked at got more and more pricey, and a couple of maybes fell through, then I came across a new 2019 trance at a bike shop. The 2020s were out so this one was discounted a good few hunj, and the new models were little more than a new colour scheme apparently, as it’s about every 3 years they get a big upgrade and this was not that year.
So after considerable pestering of Klappers, who even went down to his local bike shop to ask questions and see what they had, I bought the trance.

View attachment 515563 View attachment 515564
Here’s a link, I think it’s the seppo website but it has specs to save anyone asking any questions I can’t answer hehe

Anyway I’d like to thank Klappers for his patience and willingness to answer dumb questions (like when I said WTF it doesn’t come with pedals?? My car came with a fkn engine FFS), and although I’ve been away at work and then away on hols for two weeks (misso wouldn’t let me take it, “too expensive to leave chained to camper and get covered in salt or pinched” she reckons) so I’ve hardly got to use it apart from my half hour morning rides, and winter is the season I’m told, but holy crap I can’t believe how smooth it is. I belt over kerbs etc in car park at shops and you barely feel it, bloody amazing, can’t wait til it cools down and I can go up to the hills for a hoot!

View attachment 515565

Oh... a couple of the fellas at work have MTBs too. The boss reckons this is the new company profile hehe...

View attachment 515566
Very nice bike Lee. You have done well
And good advice from Klappers

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice bike. My brother has an old trance I think. Would have to be nearly 8-10 yrs old. And that thing is awesome. Like riding a giant slinky compared to be my ATX860 with its 20mm of front suspension travel.

I still like it over my newer Spealized Camber Comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,891

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,225 Posts
Nice bike. My brother has an old trance I think. Would have to be nearly 8-10 yrs old. And that thing is awesome.
Cheers Turps that’s great to know. Part of my rationale was the fact that if I spent a grand on a new talon for example, if it came to the colder months and I got hooked on it I’d have to spend an arm an a leg to upgrade anyway, so may as well save the first grand and aim higher.
Yes I hear you about the slinky, I can’t believe how smooth it is, it really blows me away. I have no doubt its capabilities far exceed my own; not sure if that’s a good thing or a swag of broken bones waiting to happen but my income protection insurance is paid up so I’ll see what happens, hopefully not Warty-spec 👍🤪

·
Registered
nissan
1,959 Posts

View attachment 515565

Wise choice, same as mine :)
Enjoy!

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,899
1881 - 1900 of 1904 Posts