Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I currently own a caviliar camper, but am having second thoughts on if I should be modifying it too suit what I want or start looking at something else. This is going to be my home for at least a year so I want something very strong and practical.

looking into secondhand pioneer's at the moment

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,656 Posts
mine is probably not what your after

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Mine is a 2007 Jimboomba Maddison Staircase - the walk-up style is a lot nicer to use than a ladder to the bed. But it makes for a much bigger tent, great for the likes of me with three kids, but on the road it's a lot of canvas to work with for overnight stops.

·
Registered
nissan
2,015 Posts
AORC, original Eclipse. We ordered it with a 2" chassis lift and 33" tyres, two 140L water tanks, two 90W solar panels and a kids bunk above the main bed.

It awesome offroad - except the weight, 1300kg empty, so fill it with water and enough crap for a few weeks and its at least 1800kg. It is built well enough not to have to worry about flogging it along corrugations.

Simple over night stops are a breeze, open the door and lift the roof and your are in bed in less than a minute. Packing up with is a different matter with two young blokes - when you have been camped in the one spot for a long weekend, junk from ahole to breakfast to first find and then pack up takes - me bloody hours these days.

Attachments

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,613 Posts
I have a 2013 Pioneer bud, you've seen it in my driveway but if you want to have a look at it opened up give me a couple of days notice and I'll drag it out to the front lawn.

Has 90 litre water tank, weighs about 800kg empty, 3 jerry holders, firewood storage, 9kg gas bottle lasted us three months on trip to Cape York from Perth, and very comfortable.

From getting out of car can crawl in to bed in a minute, can pack it back up in about 3 (two of us that is, a bit longer on your own tucking in canvas etc).

Perfect for two, but with kids not so much, unless you are happy for them to sleep on mattresses on the floor section.

I couldn't handle 10 minute set up/pack ups when you're often just stopping for the night, which was one of our main reasons for going the hard floor.

I liked the T-van but Linda didn't, she liked the Ultimate but I didn't. The Pioneer was our mutually agreed compromise. It was nearly the first of the new model and wasn't without teething problems but I've pretty much sorted it all and now I'm pretty happy with it. I've put 33" tyres on it and I figure if you can live in it for three months and not want to sell it as soon as you get home it can't be too bad.

One of the many things that separates it from the cheap Chinese crap is the quality of the canvas, can't describe how good it is but as I said if you want a look give me a ring and I'll get it out to the lawn for ya.

Cheers bud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Jeez leethal, I reckon you could photograph an outdoor dunny and make it look fabulous or at the very least terribly interesting.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,613 Posts
There's an outdoor dunny to the far right :)

Reactions: klappers

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Some sweet trailers above. I purchased a caravan last week in the UK for 10K usd from a friend and now its been shipped to Philippines in 40ft container. Got one trailer from South Africa Missing in customs thats was NOT in container and is now with the Police,custom and insurance company to sort out. And this old converted army trailer thats ticking us over till the above arrives or is found.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
306 Posts
Some sweet trailers above. I purchased a caravan last week in the UK for 10K usd from a friend and now its been shipped to Philippines in 40ft container. Got one trailer from South Africa Missing in customs thats was NOT in container and is now with the Police,custom and insurance company to sort out. And this old converted army trailer thats ticking us over till the above arrives or is found.
Love that jerry can holder over the rear cargo window!! Where did you get that??
And for the Aussies on here, would that be legal in australia?? That is an awesome use of space.

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
That jerry position is very jeep-ish in looks.

I'd have a guess and say it wouldn't be smiled upon in aus.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts