Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 4.8
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mine, it's a 7x9m shed I have converted, still a work in progress, in the middle of building the bar atm, just interested in seeing what others have.

Show us ya pics.

Attachments

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,160 Posts
This is mine, it's a 7x9m shed I have converted, still a work in progress, in the middle of building the bar atm, just interested in seeing what others have.

Show us ya pics.
That looks fantastic mate.;)

Well, I have this:

And this:

And this:

Not very flash I'm afraid.
The gazebo looks very welcoming, and would be a great place to have a few VB's and swap a few yarns, but the garage and shed Is screaming out GARAGE SALE.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
607 Posts
Thats a bit like my shed Estcove. sheds to small and I got to much stuff. hopefully building a 15x10 meter shed next year.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
It only took a quarter of a century to get into that state. I do tidy up periodically but only when I can no longer squeeze in. Tidiness is not a priority in my life, unfortunately.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Mine is in desperate need of a clean up. I'll need to do it sooner rather than later because I've got my nanobrewery needing to fit in there somewhere.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,047 Posts
At $20 per DVD that is a sizeable investment in the entertainment department. You need to learn how to download movies. But a couple of hard drives wouldn't look as impressive. :)

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Replacing the cases with curtains, tasteful decorations, or funky lit up bits of techno-art would be more impressive, then with XBMC or MediaBrowser 3 running on the HTPC showing the library on screen with the sexy sleek interfaces would be shmicko.

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
^^holy sh*t!! That's awesome!!
Thanks man, I can't explain how good of a world escape it is, saved me many a time ;)

At $20 per DVD that is a sizeable investment in the entertainment department. You need to learn how to download movies. But a couple of hard drives wouldn't look as impressive. :)
Yes, I built the room in about 2001, so its well over 10 years of collecting movies, we now do download most of our movies, but its still nice to let guests browse and read covers, lots of people still really appreciate and prefer this.

Replacing the cases with curtains, tasteful decorations, or funky lit up bits of techno-art would be more impressive, then with XBMC or MediaBrowser 3 running on the HTPC showing the library on screen with the sexy sleek interfaces would be shmicko.

I agree, they were never meant to be on show at all.

Back when I built the room, the DVD cabinet at the front ,i made to hold 180 DVD movies, this was twice as many as I thought I would "ever" own. :rolleyes:

Last count was over 1200, I really have nowhere to store them, so the rack at the back is only temporary (been like that for over 10 years, lol) the movies are a high as the roof now, and in side stacks on the floor, and does not look great at all :(

We looked at the hard drive option 10 years ago, but the cost of the hardware back then , and the unreliability of media centre, it was not a option, I purchased a $3000 PC with media centre and all the fruit, but compared to DVDs, it was so frustrating to use, by the time you got a movie on, you'd wasted 20 min (remember, this is back in the early 2000's)

Unfortunately present day, Im not at all excited by the thought of ripping them all to hard drive, then scanning covers etc etc , one thing I can say about DVDs, picture is inferior sure, but they are reliable as hell, and everyone and anyone can use one without any guidance, can't always say the same about PCs, but they are almost there now.

:)

·
Registered
nissan patrol 4.8
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I have any, I like to spend my free time having a couple of coldies in here.....

Mint setup mate, love the blue lighting.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
This is my little hiding spot, I often spend all day out here just tinkering and sitting next to the fire watching t.v . Keeps me in a good place, can't wait to buy a house and build my shed and pimp it out.

Sent using carrier pigeon from Bill Lawrie

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
A4B, ..... For the win !
Oi WTF.....shouldn't you be posting pics! You should have moved by now. How's it all coming along? Good to see you back LJ! :D

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
I see your counting the days, your on the home stretch! Building is fun only at the best of times, do it once, do it right!

I've only ever seen one house go from bare ground to Occ Permit in 2 months once! Yes it can be done but don't recommend it!

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I need a bigger shed on a bigger block away from neighbours :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts