1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum.

I have a 2013 GU/Y61 Nissan Patrol 3.0L CRD which I've been kitting out for weekend and week long trips away (planning a Tasmania trip soon).

One piece of kit i'm working on at the moment is getting a heat exchange hot water shower system installed and have a question about pluming. This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Helton-H...Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d23979198

Anyway, I know that you need to plumb it into the heater hoses but there are 2 to choose from. Presumably one must deliver coolant into the heating core, and the other one takes it out and back to the engine.

I would think that you want to cut into the one that delivers coolant into the heater core because this will give you the most heat.

Does anyone know which heater house I should be cutting into (see picture below)?

The part with the loop would be most convenient for me.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Christian

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.

If you click on search in the top grey menu bar and do a google search ( not the forum search ) for HEAT EXCHANGE SHOWER, you should find all your answers.

Good luck

·
Registered
Nissan
133 Posts
I wasn't real sure which way to do it when I plumbed mine in but…

I ended up pulling the left one (with the loop) off the top and joining the end with some heater hose to the exchanger and returning it straight onto the top. It works really well and the beauty of it is it is easily reversible.

I can get you a photo tomorrow if you like.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's for that. I feel more comfortable now cutting into the left hose, but if I can avoid cutting all together that would be even better.

If you can send a photo that would be great.

Cheers,
CC

·
Registered
Nissan
133 Posts
Hi CC. I'm sorry these are so late mate. I have been flat out at work! Hopefully these will give you a few ideas anyway. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414495290.951258.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414495344.979976.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414495397.080350.jpg

As I mentioned I pulled off the left tubing and joined it, ran it down to the HE and then back into the block.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Daz

·
Registered
203 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but presumably you have to have the engine running (i.e. coolant flowing) whilst you shower to keep the water heating? I was wondering about this the other day.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but presumably you have to have the engine running (i.e. coolant flowing) whilst you shower to keep the water heating? I was wondering about this the other day.

Yes, this is correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts