Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently driving around i have noticed that the steering wheel shutters between 70-85kph, reckon i just need a balance and alignment or could it be something else?

·
Registered
68 Posts
just got rid of my wobbles

This could be a real simple fix or tricky, every patrol is different!!
Try the little cheap stuff first one at a time and you will get rid of it, the Patrol can be fixed, my current one had the worst out of the 4 I have owned in my time it is now a joy to drive.
It took a month of test and measure but man I enjoy the smooth ride now, mud wheel balance, then bushes, one at a time,
good luck,
cheers,

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I thought he was talkin bout window shutters...
Isn't that what those other handles on the doors are for... Window Shuttin' ...

If'n thats not the problem check your front rims for a missing balance weight or indeed extra weight such as mud on the inside surface (as suggested by others) then try a Wheel Balance. A decent tyre dude should pick up any other issues when he does the balance.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truckster i would have put it in General Discussion part not this part if it was about window shutters!!!
Thanks guys for the ideas of the problem atleast some guys can help a fellow member out when needed.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
... I should have added the reason to do the tyres/balance first is because it is the easiest and cheapest before you start delving into bushes etc.

In my personal experience with the 80 KPH Patrol Death Wobbles it has usually been tyres/balance 'cept for once when it was Panhard Bushes. If it isn't tyres I would place Panhard Bushes second on the list of things to check seeing as how your truck is upwards of 12 years old now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks the evil twin, i will check the balance when i get off night shift, cause i had the bushes and panhard rod done about 8mths ago.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Glen take it to the bloke behind BP across from Lawrences, he is great to deal with and is the only bloke in Rocky that has been able to balance my wheels..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glen take it to the bloke behind BP across from Lawrences, he is great to deal with and is the only bloke in Rocky that has been able to balance my wheels..
Took it over to Tyrepower behind BP, they fixed it and know what they are talking about when it comes to Patrol Balances and Alignments.
Definately using them guys from now on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts