Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of sidesteps from a major supplier of four-wheel-drive equipment and the second trip out got pushed up and put a dint in the door has anyone else had this problem
speaking to a couple of Nissan patrol drivers that we bumped into up the high country they had the same problem.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Most of them are just steps, not sliders. some of them bend like straws.

Also depends how hard you hit them and on what.

Pics of the damage?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Some of the major retailers are producing sidesteps which are aimed at the slider market, however most pale in comparison to the custom built jobs. Very weak mounting, very weak support arms, and very thin tubing. The worst part is, that they usually cost the same as, or are dearer than, the stronger custom built ones.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know I know,

Do we get a hint.... they make air lockers too?

If that's the case they are side steps and not sliders ;)

yeah common issue, you should have searched on here as I believe there are some good quality "sliders" being made up by some members here.

ash

·
bit cold out it seems
9,270 Posts
both ARB and TJM "side steps" are sold in their magazines as protection for your 4wd with images of them rubbing on rocks etc but the reality is that they are only good for protecting against small stones and sticks flicking up from your wheels.

I would say it is a lesson learnt the hard way...unless you want to sue them for false advertising.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts