Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparation for the storage cabinets I'm building, new roof insulation and also to figure out a small leak, I took out all the headliner. This allowed me to use these nifty little magnet hooks (strong enough to each hold 9kg) onto the roof/pillars to partly support these cargo nets. Nothing fancy here but very practical (it's amazing how much stuff you can store up there)! The nets can be secured with some extra hooks to avoid contents spilling out when on a rough road (4th picture). Gotta love those high roofs!

Also got started on my wood cabinets but still a long way before the project is fully completed. Anyway, here's a few pictures of the beginning but I'll create a distinct post later on for the full project.

Cheers!
Mr. D

Attachments

·
Buy the Patrol Back
nissan patrol
1,460 Posts
I couldn't do that not were I live I would boil what little Brain I possess in the summer here....to friggan hot

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's freezing here so no issues yet and as I said in the original post I removed the headliner to do a proper insulation job... better for both cold or hot than the original design.

As for roll over or accident, if that happens I'll have bigger concerns than seeing my clothes or sleeping bag possibly going for a wild ride.

I'm surprised there's so much concerns about these cargo nets? It's not like I'm storing my toolbox in there... I've been in pretty rough roads with a similar system in my previous truck and it's never been an issue, not even close.

Anyway, just sharing a project that may or not come handy to someone else.

Cheers!
Mr. D

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
It reminds me of the early rangies. had a similar design.

I think it would be very handy, might try and work something on a smaller scale into mine.

Top idea

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
if you could set up a similar system, but with the roof lining installed i reckon it'd be an awesome idea!

good stuff.

TF

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2003 gu
281 Posts
Great to see you here on the forum mate & looks like it's a gr8 job. Just thinking tho it may have been better toi buy a troopy instead? As earlier poster said "Each to their own" tho. Keep the pics up tho!

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Ive had a cargo net up at roof level for years, there great for jackets, 1st aid kit and wet weather gear, even the odd blanket or two

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Just thinking tho it may have been better toi buy a troopy instead? As earlier poster said "Each to their own" tho.
IIRC, he actually was toying with that idea. ;) I think he made the better choice. :driving:

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Exactly what I'm planning on doing to my shorty, since the rear fibreglass canopy has the perfect space for it.

If anything, I reckon storing clothes & bedding up there will provide some summertime insulation.

Looks the goods abitibi, thanks for sharing :D

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Mines actually a ute tail gate piece(used in outback trophy type trucks), but i think you can buy them from somewhere in OZ, let me look it up when i get a sec, its a straight fit in too!

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol TD6
21 Posts
Hi Mat

Have you found that moment you were after to locate information on that roof mounted cargo net in the GU yet??

Cheers...Len

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Nothing yet sorry, just sat down after a crazy day, trying to finalize the deal on the sale of my house and purchase of the new house, quotes for my new shed and bench(dont ask, lol) and tons of HID work, i will find it tonight for you

Matt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts