Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im In the prosess of putting in smd leds throughout the car to save a bit of juice.

The indicators, front parkers, numberplate lights are easy they are either on or off.

where as the brake light is also driving light which as you know when you have your headlights on the parkers light up slightly then once you put ur foot on the brakes they get brighter which is due to dual filament globes.

My dilema is what is the go with smd leds that have a bunch of small leds on them such
as on of these?

Does the whole thing light up? Does half light up? Does it all light up dull then when the brake is applied it lights up to its full potential?

Someone please enlighten me

Cheers charlie

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would imagine half would light around the 'globe' and then the rest plus the ones on the end would fire up to give ya brakes.
SMD LED's are great! they are bulk bright for the size, they will work well!

Steve.

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
The ones i sell increase in brightness with the brake light, and they work very well

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah smd ones are awsome. what are yours worth matt and how many leds are they?

Yeah well i would asume they would get brighter but i dunno and dont wan2 waste cash on something that wont work

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Prices vary from type to type, and also changed with amount, the type i stock are more apealing to the eye than the pic above, i dont have a current pic but ther have a chromed end camp and neatly installed 5050 SMD's

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any chance you could get me a pic of it please. There for a gq which i think they are ba15s globes as standard i 'THINK' so if you could hook me up with a price for them? and a picture

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Ok guys, ill get some pics of them tomorrow for you, someone remind me if i forget

Cheers

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Ok basically, this is my BA15 style lamp, i have many other available and in stock, including wedge fitting from T10 to T20

Prices vary, but for this type in Xenon white(matches 6000k) is about $37 a pair, yer there a little dearer, but you get what you pay for

I can take a pic of some fitted if you want, i have just installed some in my Adventra

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yer they are alot smaller arent they whats the light output on one of those?

·
Registered
nissan
1,529 Posts
Interesting. Might have to save some pennies and get some. Really want to upgrade all the lighting on the GU to LED (excepting head lights obviously) do you do a "package" to chance all the lighting on a GU?

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Yer sure can do a package, and i think you will find the type i sell are much brighter than the smaller SMD type

Can get a pics or vid if need be

1 - 15 of 15 Posts