Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my gu 2.8 started blowing blue and sometimes if its thick white smoke.
im pretty sure its oil smoke but not sure exactly whats causing it?? thought it wasa the turbo, replaced it, thought it couldve been the pcv, blocked it on intake side of turbo and just ran it to the ground.

i have no idea....???

if it helps you can rev it out and it will blow big puffs then clear but as you let it idle it slowly gets worse...and worse....and worse........

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
Poss cracked head has it been getting hot or anyhting

·
Registered
nissan
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well it's always warmed up if it's held under high load for a while but nothing unusual. It's defiantly oil smoke and not steam. Is it possible to have cracked the head between the oil gallery and the cylinder??

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
SD33t did the same thing when my timing was way out.
***** to start...
You could drive it around and it would smoke unless you gave it full throttle, then you stop and it would start billowing white smoke and running like a pig

·
Registered
nissan
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm you could be right there although mines running just as good as it always has, it's hard to think what else it could be. Valve stem seals maybe??

·
Registered
nissan
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm could be I've had a dominator chip on it for a bit but noone else has this problem. And I've disconnected it for the last 1000k's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts