Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought a better start another thread. Im up to my 15th patrol:punkrock: gotta love them.
This one is a TD4.2 1989 model DX. It has 500,000km's on it. Apparently it was rebuilt. Runs like a dream. Just done a major service everything was still like new.

Mods done so far:
ARB front bar
rear tube bar ends
rally 4000's on the bull bar
5-6" dobinson coils with EFS extreme shocks
superior panhards
near new 33" big horns
GME UHF
Head light upgrade
Front bucket seats

Mods that are on the to do list:
Custom tube front bar from Matt at OFFROAD DIVISION
Fit my new Sliders also from Matt
New rear tube bar dont like the old one. Already have it just gotta put it on.
New brackets for the bucket seats they dont sit to straight.
Change my rear diff to disk instead of drum. Already have the diff just gotta do it.
Fit my stereo Double Din JVC with a full Kicker sound system. Loud as (just so i cant here the rattles)
Get some castor correction
Turbo kit hopefully this weekend and fit before christmas.
Roof rack with spotties
HID head lights can get a whole kit for $150 if anyone is interested just need to have H4 globes.

And then when i can GU front and rear diffs. I just smashed my front diff so the GU front might have to happen sooner rather then later.

I've only got a couple of flex pics but enjoy.

Hopefully sliders will be on before the weekend.

Cheers,
Shane

·
Registered
nissan patrol
69 Posts
nice truck to start with the mods man, allready looks capable.

I take it that last shot is top of tower hill glasshouse?

How ya finding the bighorns? ive been running a new set on my truck for a few trips now and think they suck, noticed they dont disperse mud properly and gum up easy needing heaps of wheels speed to be effective in the mud.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
237 Posts
good to see yet another build thread shane.

dropped the sliders at your place the other day, why aren't they on yet. Anyone would think you've got work and stuff to do.

Keep chipping away and if you need my hoist let me know.

Dozer, I just swapped from 33" claws to 35" bighorns. Way better on the road but i also find them lacking in the mud and on clay. Good everywhere else like on rocks and dirt. Too bad some arsehole stole my claws because I'd go back to them in a flash.

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had a sh*t load of different brand of tyres and for a simple mud tyre im happy. But when i can afford it i would buy something more aggressive but still stick with maxxis.

Yeh cheers matt i've been flatout lately i've got 1 slider on. ran into a bit of a drama cause my car has a different exhaust bracket right were the slider bracket goes. I've cut the plate out just gotta fit it now. Cant wait.
Should be doin a beach run for new years if your keen.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
shane0, nice truck mate hang on to this one ay. its brad by the way. painting my beast this weekend will have to do a build thread some day.

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh the missus is onto me about keeping a car. I put my sliders on after work today they look sic. Chasing a GU front diff very soon after i get the turbo.
If your keen brad were doin a beach trip for new years tag along with as many mates as u want.

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Needs some TLC she dont have brakes at all. Bit scary at the moment forestry to work for sure. Until i can order some parts

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
lookin tuff mate.
what kind off castor correction are u running? in that second photo it looks like ur missing ur front bolt on the left radius arm???

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha yeh i was trying out the extra flex without it. Not worth it in my opinion. There is no cator correction i need to sort that soon. Its a bit wild at the moment.

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeh longer shock would be the go but im not phased to much. The rear could do alot better aswell. But im over the big setups it never ends. I'll do my wish list then maybe think about big flex again.

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
oh yeah mate its more then capable as it is. just wish mine was ready to go now haha. im not worried if mine doesnt sell straight up im just being greedy and want a gu haha. bit like every thing in life u always want the next best thing.

getting some steel thisarv gunna start on a tray tonight if i dont get on the piss

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeh if i get the right offer this one is for sale. Just no rush i want another GU again.

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my turbo kit last weekend. Hopefully get a chance to fit it next weekend. Just need to order my front mount cooler. Also got my GU rear diff. I need to sand blast it and repaint it.

On the next to but list is a new cab and a GU front diff.
The cab is getting really rough and rust is coming through. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts