1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

a question for the all knowing masses of patrol 4x4.com

Last weekend I made and installed some home-style snorkels for my and my brothers GQ safari's from 90mm OD Poly. I had an old Ram head lying in the shed that was around about 3.5 - 4" ish that fits like a dream, problem is there was only one and i have no idea where it came from originally. Does anyone know where to find one? fleabay turned up nothing and as usual, my local ARB store have little or no interest as it isn't a $1000 plus item.

any pointer will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Andy

Attachments

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Try a wreckers perhaps mate! Or what about making one from poly elbow?

BTW, i love the work. looks good! But, DAMN it makes me want to buy a jar of boiled lollies!
lol.

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW, i love the work. looks good! But, DAMN it makes me want to buy a jar of boiled lollies!
Ah ha ha ha ha, so true, :D. Thanks for the tips, i'll call 4x4 and commercial at Tingalpa they are usually real helpful.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
ask the guy parked next to him, the snorkles the same lol!

nice snorkle mate, I did a storm water one which is white painted black, the black comes off real easy, Yours looks tops!

EDIT: im a tool and just read that you had one air ram laying around in the shed. sorry!

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks for all the feedback people, i'm sure to have a snorkel head in no time. Also thanks for the positive comments. What a top community we have going on here.

Andy

·
Registered
nissan safari y60
250 Posts
ask the guy parked next to him, the snorkles the same lol!

nice snorkle mate, I did a storm water one which is white painted black, the black comes off real easy, Yours looks tops!

EDIT: im a tool and just read that you had one air ram laying around in the shed. sorry!
TIP: Ive just finished painting the house and I did the down pipes. Use a fine sand paper to roughen up and remove the glazing on the pipe then the paint will stick to it, otherwise i found the paint peeled off with a fingernail.

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Resolved.

Another happy ending.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this topic, always great to get such helpful responses. I owe you all a cold beer. Thought i'd post this (more for use with search tool) have found that the 3-1/2" (87mm) snorkel heads readily available on eBay will easily stretch over the 90mm O.D pipe i used to make the snorkel. I got one for $35 delivered.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,634 Posts
Thats a great idea for snorkle tube material. Has to be heaps stronger than PVC pipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts