Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 6 Snorkels on the weekend - sent 5 to Karratha for some mates up there.
Fitted mine on sunday - the guinea pig.
Heres the result - $396 for snorkel + $60 for holesaw + ~ $30 in silicon/drillbits and other parts.
Sorry if ive missed something.
Some more tips from others on the net - but I didn’t do either.
"Use rubber grommets in the 3 bolt holes in the front quarter panel to stop vibration it you are keen to use it for serious corrigations".
"I applied a think layer of rubber coating on the fender under the part the snorkel covers to prevent the rubbing of the plastic against the fender to chafe the paint and thereby create rust."
Theres probably things I missed, or forgot to write down, so forgive me. Also this is by no means the right way to do it.. just worked out the way we did it.. - sorta followed the instructions.
if you're thinking about doing it yourself take your time, use your head, and its pretty easy - save yourself a coupla hundred bucks.
(also installed some 30mm spacers on friday - so its now a bit higher ~ 3" lift)

·
Registered
443 Posts
WOW! THis is EXCELLANT! Better than the articles in 4WD Action for explaination and pictures! Mate you can teach them a thing or two!
10 out 10!

·
Registered
nissan
2,481 Posts
thanks for the heads up as my mate is gunna fit his up shortly.:bigthumb:
hey aksniss , worth adding to "the doc"?

·
Banned
2,470 Posts
Well done, good write up and pointed out instruction errors.

Those with Safari Snorkels - does it just go over the top of the Patrol Badge on the guard or is the badge removed?

I have asked elsewere but no answer.

Or should I get another brand like shown ?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Well Done

Good write up Rob

Hey - those clips are not so expensive - only about a dollar or two.. I got a whole lot from Nizzbits

Marc

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MarcusParcus said:
Good write up Rob

Hey - those clips are not so expensive - only about a dollar or two.. I got a whole lot from Nizzbits

Marc
ahh great, cheers mate!

·
Registered
nissan
61 Posts
Out of the archives however this post is relevant to me as I also have a 4.8. Great original post, however I would just like to know if you are to seal up all those top connectors, how can you then take the airfilter out to clean or replace it? I sealed the first one but not the second for this reason, and now want to know a solution to stop water coming in if anybody know?

Thank you
Mick

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
Thank you for this great post!!
it helped me install a snorkel in my S1 GU TB45E.
I started with a new, sharp, hole saw, but then decided to do the job with a jig saw and metal cutting blase.
I used a felt pen to draw the two hole saw circles then connected the top and bottom tangents. I finished in a very short time, no need to use tin snips or dremel and a lot less metal dust to clean....

Also I did remove the wheel and managed to do the job without removing the aereal (I have a couple of extra scratches on my hand....

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,221 Posts
Not sure how this missed being placed in the DIY section where it deserves to be, anyway that is where it is going now :).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts