Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking at making a steel snorkel for my GQ, but I don't want to put a rubber elbow over the roof, I want to use a snorkel head.

Now my question is, is there a difference between head1 and head2??

Head1

Head2

Head1 is a little more expensive than Head2 (about $40-$60) but I'd be using less pipe and one 45deg elbow less than if I made it with Head2. I also think Head1 looks neater all up (but I havn't seen them on GQs, only GUs)

Thanks for your help guys,

Ush

·
Registered
411 Posts
They both have the water drain channel so both will work if correct size, no1 is used by arb on mitsu pajero's. the only thing to look at is no 1 has an offset head (pipe is located to left looking at the Grille) so might look a bit funny on the standard gq passenger side snorkle.

Also not 100% sure but i dont think you can get a snorkle precleaner that goes over the head (however you will be able to fit a snorkle sock on the inside) if you are looking to do this.

Edit: This one on ebay is the correct side offset http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Air-Intake-Snorkel-PATROL-LAND-CRUISER-4WD-NEW-/260684907626?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb208046a

·
Premium Member
24,731 Posts
Concidering different manufactures have the snorkle on different sides. You will be able to get the heads for both sides.
Failing that get the Safari one (#2)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They both have the water drain channel so both will work if correct size, no1 is used by arb on mitsu pajero's. the only thing to look at is no 1 has an offset head (pipe is located to left looking at the Grille) so might look a bit funny on the standard gq passenger side snorkle.

Also not 100% sure but i dont think you can get a snorkle precleaner that goes over the head (however you will be able to fit a snorkle sock on the inside) if you are looking to do this.

Edit: This one on ebay is the correct side offset Air Intake Snorkel PATROL/LAND CRUISER/4WD (NEW) (eBay item 260684907626 end time 06-Nov-10 08:26:45 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
Thats exactly what i've been after!! And much cheaper than the TJM one i've been looking at!!

So there is no real difference with the 2 bar the shape? Both are 87-90mm diam at the neck.

Ush

·
Registered
411 Posts
just remember when mounting that the pipe has to protrude a little bit past where the snorkle flares to get the drainage working properly.

Post some pics up if you do get style 1 as i would be interested in the look also as i have never seen a gq with these either

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a Factory GU Patrol / Navara one on my GQ .
these fit over 80+/- mm pipe . or this one is slipped inside 4" s/s .

How do you go with sealing it ontop of the 4in pipe?! and how does it dispell water if its slotted inside?!

Ush

1 - 7 of 7 Posts