Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys seeking an oppinion on different brand snorkels, for fitting to my 02 GU 3lt

i have heard about sealing problems to inner guard, airbox etc

i am interested in the safari brand any comments would be appreciated thanks

Youngy.

·
Registered
nissan
11,119 Posts
safari as far as im concerned is probably the best of the off the shelf ones. but even then are only as good as they are installed. long as all the clamps are tight and a bit of slaz where needed all should be swell.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
theres actually some real good threads on here with heaps of pictures and full write ups how to install from step1 to last, i purchased one few weeks ago from nissan dealer, all dealers have different prices, best ive heard $325 from nissan @ liverpool sydney 2.8gu tho i paid $350,,, go genuine or safari i reckon but dont pay more than $400 for a 3.0l..

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
safari as far as im concerned is probably the best of the off the shelf ones. but even then are only as good as they are installed. long as all the clamps are tight and a bit of slaz where needed all should be swell.
x2, spend the money and don't look back

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Keep our eye on "evil buy", I watched for a few months & bought a used "genuine" nissan snorkel for $200. Does the job & half the price :)

·
Registered
nissan
726 Posts
I've had both Airtech and Safari and I prefer Safari. Pity you don't live in Perth, there's a guy here who does the best job of installation. An absolute perfectionist.

·
Registered
nissan
726 Posts
His name is Arnie and he runs a suspension shop in Balcatta called Autoride.
He is the distributer for Safari, Bilstein, Koni, Polyair etc here in WA. He supplies ARB etc.
You could eat your lunch of his workshop floor using his tools as a knife and fork.
Arnie takes the utmost care with your vehicle and knows his stuff.
I'v'e been doing some work at his home/workshop and get a good insight into his work ethic.
He has also done the snorkle on two of my cars and suspension on three. Does a lot of development work with the HSV and other sports cars.

Just make sure you ring him to book in a time to see you, he tends to pop out some times and lock-up the workshop.

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
I looked around, decided on a genuine Nissan one. paid $325. Going to fit it this weekend. Gotta say, I'm shi#n bricks at the thought of taking to my troll with a dirty big hole saw! Might need a steadier before I start.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts