Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st attempt at a trip report, so dont be too hard on me.
Left Melb at about 6pm on Friday and made for Jacksons crossing to meet up with a mate who had left earlier in the day. Made camp at about 11.00 that night , the Snowy was interesting to cross in the dark with the exit a bit hard to find. My mate assured me over the CB that the crossing was good. Had a few beers and hit the hay.
SAT: Next day packed up camp and headed out via the Roger R and up the Yalmy rd to the start of the Deddick trail. Went down the staircase and lunch in a nice spot beside (cant remember name) a creek. The weather was looking a bit threatening, but we only got very light drizzle.The track started to climb, we crossed Mt Gelantipy ,then started decending with some great views of Mckillops bridge. Got down to the Deddick rd ,had a look at the bridge, then headed east with a look out for a camp. Made camp not far off the road. Rained during the night but not too heavy.
SUN: Woke to everything wet, but by 8.30 the sun came out and before long all was dry, so we packed up and headed up the west side of Mt Tingaringy via mt tingaringy tk. What a great drive, steep and wet. Only had trouble on a v steep pinch just before the summit, my mates LC 105 getting stuck but the Patrol went straight up after we lowered
tyre presures to about 17psi. Got to the summit, what agreat view, we then walked downa tk to the border cairn on the Black Allen line. We made our way east stopping to look at the Tingaringy falls. Headed back along the Deddick rd, crossed Mckillops bridge and on to Suggan Buggan (pronouced soogan boogan). We turned up the Ingeegoodbee tk and down Mcfarlains tk. Turned off down a no through tk which drops down onto the Suggan Bugan R , crossed it a few times and made camp.
SUN: Rained again overnight, this time sun didnt come out, so packed everything up wet. Back up onto Mcfarlains tk and crossed the Ingeegoodbee R , flowing fairly well. Passed the gated Mcfarlains tk (where we had previously walked to Cowambat flat a few years earlier, and had driven to a lot of years earlier), turned onto Cobberas tk and proceeded to climb up to the Playgrounds and onto the Limestone ck rd. The climb was uneventful exept for a very steep rocky pinch which we both made up OK. Had lunch at Native Dog flat, decided to head home as the rain had set in and averything was wet.
Had a small detour to look at Lake Omeo with water in it just out of Benambra.
All in all, a great weekend, managing to mis most of the rain that Melb copped..

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Lovely, Good to see the East still has it charms....:)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,674 Posts
Looks relaxing, wish I went there instead of the Murray (frking shthole)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts