Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nissan
475 Posts
There are no complete off the shelf kits for SOA on MQ/MKs.

However its all straight foward spring purches and shock mounts etc which can be bought from any fab shop if you cant do them yourself, among other things that need to be changed.

The steering arm in particular, i believe Snake racing were making these for awhile, as might superior engineering. Might even be worth while giving YURI a call. All of these shops ive heard have knocked a few out from time to time.

Screwy

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Just make your own. I did that too and this works great!

·
Nissan
475 Posts
i presume there are hi steer kits for the GQ? and if MQ and GQ swivel hubs are interchangable, does this mean the king-pin bolts are the same?
King pin bolts are the same.

There isnt a High steer available for the GQ that would suite the MQ.

The GQ tie rod is behind the diff below the high pinion not up front like the MQ one.

Cheap mans high steer for a GQ is putting MQ hubs on a GQ and bringing the tierod forward and halfway up the diff.

The MQ version needs to be mounted off the kingpin.

Making your own is ok, however you are not by law allowed to weld the arm so it needs to be a 1 peice machined job.

Screwy

·
Registered
nissan
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi cheers for all replys we are right hand drive in cyprus and or thow i can make this kit myself the laws over here are bull**** and say that a regestered kit must be used I WILL FIND ONE !!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts