Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post about my pride and joy...
Just recently bought a 2.8TD GU DX Patrol as my first car.
I spent a long time looking for a hilux and nothing worked out so i decided to go with the GU because i thought they looked pretty tough.
Would have loved a 4.2 but didn't like the price tag of them.
Very happy with the 2.8 all the same.

The car is pretty stock at the moment as i'm paying off the loans that I had to take out purchasing it.
Once I'm in the green expect to see alot of work done on it.

At the moment it has:
ARB steel bullbar
Warn Winch
Opposite Lock pack rack
Turbo timer
GME UHF
31" BF Goodrich AT's

The car is pretty capable off road how it is.
But would love a couple of extra inches of diff clearance as it tends to cop a hiding.

Anyway...
That's my beast

·
Registered
241 Posts
Very niiice, looks just like the one i bought recently, only difference is mines 4.2td. You will love it, great vehicles. ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea wouldn't mind a 4.2 TD.
Must have a bit of go in it.
Sorry for the ignorance but what's a duramax?

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
nice buy mate, 2.8's are the go! at least it came with a winch so you can get yourself out witout too much hard work or calling mates who drive toyotas.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi there

Well done mate, the 2.8's sound good esp when they are worked a bit. You've come to the right place, this is an excellent forum with lots of helpful people. Make your first stop Jet 6 lol

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Mate, you made a good choice as the 2.8 TD with a bit of tweak up work are a great motor.

Duramax is a great big V8 TD motor.

Well done with your buy

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Congrats and welcome.
You will love it and when the money allows, bring on the mods - but don't forget just how it is now is very capable.

·
Registered
241 Posts
yea wouldn't mind a 4.2 TD.
Must have a bit of go in it.
Sorry for the ignorance but what's a duramax?
Yeah Patrols are not designed for speed obviously but i reckon my 4.2TD flies, just exhaust and a wimpy 7psi boost atm. I think when i do all my mods n tune, its gonna scare me LOL This forum is soo helpful, just awesome.

Had a 2.8 before this one, and that was a great vehicle to be honest. Im just a torque junky so hence the 4.2. :p

Enjoy the patrol experience!! :coffee:

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Don't get hung up on the 2.8 or 3.0 or 4.2 mass debate. The 2.8 ha shown itself to be a good motor so long as you change the timing belt and associated pulleys etc every 100thou. Other than that - drive it and love it.

BTW, a bloke i know has had all the GU diesels and guess which one he regrets selling? Yup, the 2.8!!!!

Well done fella, I had a hilux before my Troll, and the troll sheets all over the lux!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys.
The 2.8 is a pretty mighty motor for its size relative to the car.

Smokey I have done alright keeping up with mates cars running 35's.
And they've been very impressed at what a stock GU can do.
When money allows I'll get the mods on the way and will be sure to show you how it is coming along.

Just wondering what is a cheap/reasonable rear bar to get?
Or someone who makes a good one?
The globes for the tailights love to pop out of there holders and it is getting very frustrating and would also love the extra protection.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just wondering what is a cheap/reasonable rear bar to get?
Or someone who makes a good one?
The globes for the tailights love to pop out of there holders and it is getting very frustrating and would also love the extra protection.
Thanks in advance
Just get one made, cheaper and will give you better rear clearance due to you can choose how you want it, and make it drop down less. :punkrock:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got some 240 lightforces on it at the moment...
And should be getting some 33" baja claws and 15x8 black sunnies on it very soon.
Pretty sure the vehicle has a little bit of a lift in it.
Just wondering if anyone is running 33's on stock height?
And if so much rubbage?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks monsta.
What kind of sliders are you getting on your big rig?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah they are on now have a look. They were custom made in affiliation with Opposite lock and they are damn bomb proof. Hahaha

And yeah coil spacers are cheap and easy till you decide to get your lift done. A 2-3" lift would go nice with 33,s plus not to much $$ ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts