Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time spammer of the forum.. I guess a build thread was due.

Picked up this pretty damn clean GUIII during the week it only has 140,000km on it, not bad for a 2003 model.

100% Standard and unmolested, perfect canvas to start with in my opinion!

I went with Auto instead of Manual this time around as the majority of the trips i do away involve fishing and sand driving... Can't beat an auto on the sand!!

Purchased the first mods today.. Boost gauge and molded pillar mount for a couple of gauges, Pyro gauge will be next weeks purchase.

I will update as the mods progress.. Couple of pics.. sorry for the poor quality, taken with my phone, Will hopefully get some better pics soon before i start trashing it by taking it off road :lol:

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Credit Card won't know itself... MODS MODS MODS. :lol:

Can't wait to head down to Goolwa and test it once i have some gauges in to monitor what is happening..

Probably being paranoid as 1000's of ZD's would have done the trek without them :lol:

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hate is strong.. :lol:

Looking at Light bars atm.. Think i might buy one to finish the weekend off!

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Nice mate, its lasted 140,000k's already, one more trip it'll be fine.

Looks clean as.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it is clean as hell.. everyone that i have shown can't believe how clean it is!!

Lightbar has just been purchased also! :lol:

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
When there clean its less work to keep them that way to, and you get less attention from the Police, well that's my theory!

Lightbar for the roof?

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Na just a 23" for the bullbar.. has sliding mounts... so it will mount in the factory bolt holes on the GU Alloy bar.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,526 Posts
It's silver till i go around and paint it port power colours . hehehehe

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Silver as mentioned.. It WILL be staying Silver too..... :lol:

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First mod has happened... New light bar.. Only small but it is a start!

The loom that come with the bar was pretty average so dug a bit deeper into my factory wiring... Looking at it, when it was delivered new it come with spotlights, it has a narava relay and 30amp blade fuse wired into the fuse block so decided to use that wiring instead, and It uses the factory switch on the dash to keep it looking neat inside...

And I remembered one of the bonuses of having a patrol... Somewhere to put my beer while I work on the car!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got more done today, got my pillar pods and boost gauge in... Just need a pyro now for the other hole... But after seeing the way my boost was all over the shop, I think Dawes/EGR will be coming first... Highest I saw was 15psi which I guess isn't to bad.. Just didn't like the way it was fluctuating all over the place between 5-13psi

Attachments

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,526 Posts
so where did you get boost gauge and pillar pod

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FleaBay...

Getting the Pyro thru a mate for about $200.. everyone on Ebay want like $250 for them.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just ordered a EGR Block and DAWES set up.... so i will be tinkering with that this weekend if it arrives in time!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts