Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
21,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if this is a standard size sink spindle from looking at it? I need to replace a couple and I've only done wall ones so this looks a bit more fat and stumpy.

And will I need gogo gaget arms to hold something under the size while I undo that? Looking at the state of it... Could be some "fun"

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Anyone know if this is a standard size sink spindle from looking at it? I need to replace a couple and I've only done wall ones so this looks a bit more fat and stumpy.

And will I need gogo gaget arms to hold something under the size while I undo that? Looking at the state of it... Could be some "fun"

Looks std to me, there should be an '0' ring inside there as well. I would recommend you go to Bunnings and buy a seat cutter, it is a very handy tool when overhauling water taps.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
21,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers I will look into it!

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,289 Posts

This is a tool you need. I borrow my mates one when working under sinks. It’s worth the money.

Reactions: Marko_SJ and Softy

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,985 Posts
If the vinegar doesn't cut it, hunt down an environmentally unfriendly washing powder. Full of phosphates and all the other naughties. Full hot cycle with no washing, just a scoop of your new friend.

Gets rid of the buildup like nothing else. It's actually what our washing machine manual says to do monthly if you regularly use fabric softener.
A couple dish washer capsules will clean the clothes washer,just run a hot medium cycle 👍

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,345 Posts

You do need a home maintenance thread ;)

You have a cupla options. Pics below.
Pic one... unscrew blue from red and rebuild spindle with pic 2 parts (2 x shifters). Also use pic 3 to reset inside red arrow part.

Fluid Material property Gas Engineering Circle

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

Font Symbol Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

Option 2... replace the whole spindle (blue arrow) with a new one Pic 4. Just take with you to get correct sizing.

Font Parallel Automotive lighting Screenshot Rectangle

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,818 Posts
You do need a home maintenance thread ;)

You have a cupla options. Pics below.
Pic one... unscrew blue from red and rebuild spindle with pic 2 parts (2 x shifters). Also use pic 3 to reset inside red arrow part.

View attachment 544421

View attachment 544422

View attachment 544423

Option 2... replace the whole spindle (red arrow) with a new one Pic 4. Just take with you to get correct sizing.

View attachment 544424
Just don't forget to turn the water off at the mains or you will get more than you bargain for. 🤣🤣

Foo

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,830 Posts

Get these. Australian made, and the best you can get. DON'T crank down on them when you turn the taps off (not that you ever should). Just a light touch.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,430 Posts
Get these. Australian made, and the best you can get. DON'T crank down on them when you turn the taps off (not that you ever should). Just a light touch.

I made my own for ****s and giggles from a car tyre tube and a pipe used as a punch, just swapped the rubber parts works well. See how long it lasts compared to ones we buy.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
I'll probably turn into just another crap thread and I'll be merging it back soon :eek::oops::rolleyes:;):unsure:💥

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
20,352 Posts
They seem to change plumbing fixtures every few years so you need to replace the whole kit and kaboodle- bastards.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,289 Posts
I replaced all ours with half turn jobbies. 👍

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
I replaced all ours with half turn jobbies. 👍
I did that quite a few years ago thought they were great in the beginning, not so sure now.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,289 Posts
Ceramic washers, should last a long time.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
20,352 Posts
Only advice I have is to buy good quality tools and gardening equipment Softy..
Some of the jobs we have to do around our homes are a big enough pain in the arse let alone having to put up with un reliable rubbish.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts