Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used pingjing or any of the ebay sound deadening, or am I better off just pay for carbuilders.

Is the mass noise liner lite better then juwt the acoustic foam for the floor too?

·
Premium Member
TD42 GQ
1,149 Posts
Anyone used pingjing or any of the ebay sound deadening, or am I better off just pay for carbuilders.

Is the mass noise liner lite better then juwt the acoustic foam for the floor too?
There's a few threads on sound deadening around here.

Myself, I used PingJing damper, it seemed as good as the more expensive options and took the ringing noise out of the GQ bodywork.
Then, I used Carbuilders foam throughout, with overlapped layers of MLV on top of that. I got the MLV from a wholesaler.
I used a sheet of Carbuilders heavy noise liner (MLV + Foam) in the rear cargo area.
Really, mass noise liner (MLV) is needed as a barrier on top of the foam, which acts as an isolator.
Carbuilders are great to deal with, they have good products and good advice, so if you were to get all your acoustic products from them you'd probably do ok quality-wise rather than shopping around piecemeal like I did.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
16,755 Posts
Have a look at the body and paint section..Thread I posted called plastic panel. I went on and done the doors as well, Much quiter. (y)

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a few threads on sound deadening around here.

Myself, I used PingJing damper, it seemed as good as the more expensive options and took the ringing noise out of the GQ bodywork.
Then, I used Carbuilders foam throughout, with overlapped layers of MLV on top of that. I got the MLV from a wholesaler.
I used a sheet of Carbuilders heavy noise liner (MLV + Foam) in the rear cargo area.
Really, mass noise liner (MLV) is needed as a barrier on top of the foam, which acts as an isolator.
Carbuilders are great to deal with, they have good products and good advice, so if you were to get all your acoustic products from them you'd probably do ok quality-wise rather than shopping around piecemeal like I did.
Do you remember where you got the mass noise liner from,which wholesaler?

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
672 Posts
I went through all this recently. I basically ended up with the top pack from carbuilders minus their stage 1 sound deadener. I'll use pingjing instead which works out significantly cheaper.
I got the carbuilders stuff at something like 30% off on their black friday sale, but theres also a constant 10% discount if you sign up to their newsletter I think.

Pingjing I haven't gotten yet but will grab from here

When I next have time off work I'll get it all done. Until then I have a small army of boxes from carbuilders in my garage :|

·
Registered
nissan
128 Posts
Yup, the cheap Chinese mass loaded butyl for deadening the panel, then spend the money for good closed cell carpet underlay and use the car builders thermal foam stuff for the front. It makes a world of difference.
Take out the dash too and do the whole firewall, also seal up any firewall penetrations with silicon.

I went one step further and sealed o er the ac fan intake and also the vents in the back, after changing my door seals, the car is almost air tight. Driving through the fires last year I could barely smell the smoke in the car. This does wonders for water crossings but more for stopping dust in the can when driving in convoy.

Cheers.

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went through all this recently. I basically ended up with the top pack from carbuilders minus their stage 1 sound deadener. I'll use pingjing instead which works out significantly cheaper.
I got the carbuilders stuff at something like 30% off on their black friday sale, but theres also a constant 10% discount if you sign up to their newsletter I think.

Pingjing I haven't gotten yet but will grab from here

When I next have time off work I'll get it all done. Until then I have a small army of boxes from carbuilders in my garage :|

Yes this is what I am thinking too, it seems you can save almost 200 by getting the stage 1 yourself elsewhere, 30% off carbuilders was a good deal, I will look out for the 10% off deal

·
Premium Member
TD42 GQ
1,149 Posts
Do you remember where you got the mass noise liner from,which wholesaler?
I got my MLV from here:
Also got foil tape to stick it together, although I've read superglue works also.
MLV panels should be overlapped; gaps let noise through.
The MLV from soundproofing products is a little bit rigid, I had to make a few cuts to get it to conform to the shape of the floor pan. Looking at the carbuilder's videos, I think that might be a common issue with MLV, which is primarily used within the walls of buildings eg large flat surfaces.
Jaycar used to have MLV in small rolls which was very soft and conformed nicely to odd shapes, they have a different type now, I can't say if it's better or not..
Jaycar also have the butyl sound deadener, but the stuff I got from them was rubbish; the butyl dried out, went brittle and fell to bits. PingJing from SouthEast Car Audio has been ok so far.

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered stage 1, looks like the carbuilders mass noise liner isn't too bad a price after pricing up the foam and mlv separate, people doing full coverage with stage 1 or just enough to stop panel reasonance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts