Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu telstra body
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
just wondering if anyone has done any sound proofing to to a dx cab chassis? I have the telstra body on it so it makes a bit of noise on the highway. I thought the st has a vinyl piece that covers the back cabin wall that could have insulating under it? was also thinking of a piece of perspex over the back to try and make it double glazed, would this work?

please help..

·
Registered
548 Posts
i have re done my st interior and i can barely hear my straight through 3 inch exhaust anymore and all i did was put tar backed aluminium sheeting (Dyna Matt) on the back wall, sides (Where the seat belts are etc) doors and floor.

i will be doing the roof next and then it will be wisper quiet inside the only difference is the rear plastic trim panel in the st and it has very border line insulation (underlay looking stuff) you will get the most benefet from the back wall and door i have found the floor was just that little bit better again

hope that helps

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I have used 10mm thick foam with foil backing (in my wagon).

This was mainly for heat insulation when Im up north but it has done a bit to quiten the engine, exhaust and road noise. I pulled down the roof lining, all the door trims and side pannels and have stuck the foam foil inside all doors, back pannels and completely linerd the roof then replaced all trimms. It did make a bit of difference in the doors so I suppose would help on the back pannel and floor of your cab chassis. I got the foam/foil from Clarke Rubber.

Sound deadining that I have seen is often heavy tar stuff, I think the weighty coating would make more difference to blocking sound tyhan a lighter foam. Dense EVA rubber foam might be good and easy to cut and lay.

Double glazing would also help if it were well stuck on to stop any transfer of vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts