Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol GR 2.8TDI
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm prepearing my TD42 to put in Patrol instead of Rd28. I need gasket for valve cover.
I've asked in nissan servis,but they have explained me, they can't deliver spares for non european models :(.

Thank you very much for advice.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
72 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here in the UK I originally had the same problem with my local nissan garage, but I went to another one and he has been very helpful. They usually take your chassis number, but that route doesn't work because their computer won't pull up your car. So give him the part number and description from Fast.
TD42s were sold by Nissan - in the UK at least. your area may have had the SWB as TD42 rather than RD28T so they must be able to get the parts. Good luck!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
72 Posts
Agree with john.parham. Best way is to know original part number or exact detail name. Then they can look up in their catalogues if the cross reference number provided for this part.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
When the local dealer doesn't have the correct version of FAST for your rig, the dealer can email Japan and they have all the versions....or you can just give them the part number.

·
Learned the hard way - RD28t out TD42 in
4,415 Posts
Try another Nissan dealer and yes go with actual parts numbers from FAST. Nissan will deliver world wide to support their cars - they should anyhow ! Just be aware, if you screw up with the part number, it's not the dealers problem, so you may want to get him to check it out for you before ordering.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
72 Posts
I try to stay away from our nissan dealers. They charge 20 or even 50% more on the parts then normal hardware shop. I found nice online shop where you can put part number and if they can deliver original nissan parts they show price immediately. If this part can be substitued with OE parts, price is much cheaper and delivery time not longer then 5 working days. For original nissan parts 10 days.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GR 2.8TDI
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all!
I found the part number and dealer has ordered the gasket :cool:.
I would like to know how can I find part numbers from FAST. I instaled FAST AU which Dimitrij from Riga posted. I have only the short code of chasy. For part numbers I need long code which is on the front part of chasy. Problem is that my friend to whom I gave the chasy already painted the chasy and I don't see the code anymore. In documents is ony the short one:mad:.
I found from FAST this

From this picture I see only the first number. Correct for rocker cover gasket is 13270-06J00.
I dont know how to find part numbers without chasys number.

Greetings from the sunny side of Alps...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
72 Posts
Don't you have VIN number from this car? Usually if its not JAPAN car, it should be 14 or 15 digits. If it's JAPAN then you will not have VIN, but frame and chassie numbers.
If you don't know VIN aor frame/chassie numbers. Select in fast TD42 engine and use it as reference. Parts are the same. When you found your part code. Click on it, close the window where you did search for your part, and press "F5" button in main FAST screen, you will see part number. Keep attention to ICA codes.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
I don't understand the difference between long and short chassis number. Where is your Patrol originally from (what market?)? If Australia it probably will be JN1CRGY60A0XXXXXX or similar. If you want to PM me your numbers I can probably find your rig.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
72 Posts
Hi Twinotter600.
In Japan, they use combination of frame-chassie number instead of VIN numbers on some models. Primary on models that will be used internally and will not be imported outside of JAP.
Also our FAST system (AR, GL, EL) version can't recognize JAP models. You must use DM version.
If topic starter just want some spare parts for TD42, he can use FAST witout having correct VIN. Just use model no

·
Registered
nissan patrol GR 2.8TDI
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought it from UK and it is model without stop and blinker light in rear bumper (blinkers are in the tail lights)

The vehichle identification number is KRGY60200078
This code is writen on the identification plate on frame and also in car documents.

Strange... couse my 2,8 model has longer code JN1WYGY60U0100855 ??!!

·
Registered
Nissan
797 Posts
I try to stay away from our nissan dealers. They charge 20 or even 50% more on the parts then normal hardware shop. I found nice online shop where you can put part number and if they can deliver original nissan parts they show price immediately. If this part can be substitued with OE parts, price is much cheaper and delivery time not longer then 5 working days. For original nissan parts 10 days.
Dude, do not even get me started on Nissan dealers in Ukraine. Delivery of parts in two months, if you are lucky.

So what is the address of this internet site?

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi DavidJ, I very much suspect that car was an import into the UK. No 'blinkers in the bumper' = not sold by Nissan into the UK.

·
Registered
Nissan
797 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts