Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I did a serach but couldnt find anything regarding putting my spare tyre inside the cab of the GU, it's a 35" so I dont really want it hanging on the back door and and putting on a rear tyre carrier doesn't really tickle my fancy.

Anyone put a tyre inside the cab, if so how did you secure it/place it.

Cheers,
Joel

·
Registered
nissan patrol
325 Posts
I've got my '35' in the rear without the 7th seats of course, and have it tied down with a ratchet etc to 7th seat anchors so no chance of moving plus a cargo barrier helps

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have drawers in the back of mine, home made of course, so I am thinking of scrapping them, setting up a fridge slider, tyre support and then a drawer towards the back instead of the 2 drawers.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
962 Posts
I lay on the floor of the trunk carpet and rubber wheel 35 does not move even when braking
and yet I've seen both done for others, many put the wheel like a Jeep Cherokee
mount make the place where the fixed third row is strong, very sorry that I have no photo

·
Registered
851 Posts
I take out the second row seats to leave a big flat space on the floor in front of the cargo barrier. I have 33's but I think there was room for a 35. There are nice fat seat latching bars to connect a ratchet strap at the back and the seat mount bolts are a mounting point for a hook for the ratchet strap at the front.

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
This idea overcome a second spare problem, also carries the weight over the axle.
Built the storage system stronger to accommodate the wheel.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Family car

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you just put the rear wheel holder from back door and mount it to the inside of the large door
Then it still hangs on the back door?

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Ive got a bracket made up out of 5mm plate bent with holes drilled so the tyre holder (it uses the factory wheel carrier from the rear door) can be moved to accomodate a 31,33 or 36inch tyre. I can get a pic for you if you want but its not really that hard to make up if you have the tools. Just be aware that if you use your car for any kind of touring this setup WILL NOT WORK. I am lucky as mine is my second car and usually sits with some 36s on it. My sierra has more room than my GQ. Can prob take a happy snap if you really need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts