Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys silly question.
Im going to fit 285 x 75 x 16 tyres and was wondering will the spare fit on the back or will I have to alter it.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
You will need a spacer. Bear in mind, too much weight will crack the door. But that size is about your limit.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Sorry guys silly question.
Im going to fit 285 x 75 x 16 tyres and was wondering will the spare fit on the back or will I have to alter it.
Depends also on the offset of the rims you have. Standard rims are a positive 10mm or 0 offset (which means the hub face is out 10mm from central line and the inner edge of the rim is sitting in 10mm; or a 0 means even in and out from the hub face of the rim).

My car came with +10mm offset rims and I changed to -13mm offset rims and 285/75x16, I have no problem at all as the rim is 23mm further out and the tyre is slightly wider.

If you are fitting the 285s to standard wheels then yes you might need a spacer. Have a look at the space you have now, how close is it? Immagine the extra width of the tyres compared to the tyre you have now.

·
Registered
nissan gu
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
285/75R16 BFG At's on GQ rims (which I believe are the same offset as the standard GU4+ alloys) will fit on the back of a GU4 without the need for a spacer..... I know this because that's what I have..

They will touch the door (just) but they do fit

·
Registered
nissan patrol
204 Posts
I run 285/70 R17 and I have my spaced out I think around an inche which allows a little bit of a gap to the door.

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Um, I had 285/75/16's on mine with no dramas. I now have 305/70/16 on my door & I've had to get spacer. I have 2x 5mm spacers & although 1 is probably enough, I put both on it.

I guess it all depends on what offset you have too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts