Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested in what everybody is achieving at peak times. Sick of the NBN skymuster piece of space junk. Seriously looking at Star Link - even though it is owned by Musk.

DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps
Ping ms 697 822 1648

TIA

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,671 Posts
We've got wireless NBN, with an antenna on the roof. Just tested at 25Mbps download & 3.9Mbps upload, on a 25Mbps plan. It's a lot better than it was when we first moved here, have measured download as low as 0.2Mbps.

Reactions: Haggie

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
7,117 Posts
@GUEY is banned from posting in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Foo and Haggie

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.

I have ordered Star Link. Looks like I am a Musk fan boi :rolleyes:. Will update when installed.

Another aerial on the roof will go nicely with the FTA, Fox, NBN Sat and 3g yagi. Hopefully can ditch the NBN and Fox dishes.

·
Registered
1998 Nissan Patrol Wagon RD28ETi
274 Posts
Thanks all.

I have ordered Star Link. Looks like I am a Musk fan boi :rolleyes:. Will update when installed.

Another aerial on the roof will go nicely with the FTA, Fox, NBN Sat and 3g yagi. Hopefully can ditch the NBN and Fox dishes.
If you can get good download speed for your internet/phone, you can ditch the Foxtel dish as you can log on to your Foxtel through the Foxtel Go app on your phone or through a web browser on a laptop. Connect your laptop to your TV and use as second screen. You could also get rid of the FTA as well and use the apps on a phone or laptop - 7plus, 10Play, 9Now, Iview (abc) and SBS on demand.

If you get good 4G on your phone you can set it up as a Wi-Fi hub or wired internet connection for your laptop. If you have a new smart TV with Wi-Fi you can also connect to it.

What's the Yagi give you?

Reactions: Foo and Haggie

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can get good download speed for your internet/phone, you can ditch the Foxtel dish as you can log on to your Foxtel through the Foxtel Go app on your phone or through a web browser on a laptop. Connect your laptop to your TV and use as second screen. You could also get rid of the FTA as well and use the apps on a phone or laptop - 7plus, 10Play, 9Now, Iview (abc) and SBS on demand.

If you get good 4G on your phone you can set it up as a Wi-Fi hub or wired internet connection for your laptop. If you have a new smart TV with Wi-Fi you can also connect to it.

What's the Yagi give you?
Umm thanks sort of across all that. Just need a provider.

Our yagi and cell-fi gives us reliable 3g.........most of the times. Three bars this morning but can and does drop out.

I actually don't mind living in a blackspot. Always get a giggle when city slickers come to visit and complain that vodafail does not work.

This journey to internet enlightenment is more for the wife.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Umm thanks sort of across all that. Just need a provider.

Our yagi and cell-fi gives us reliable 3g.........most of the times. Three bars this morning but can and does drop out.

I actually don't mind living in a blackspot. Always get a giggle when city slickers come to visit and complain that vodafail does not work.

This journey to internet enlightenment is more for the wife.
I was out on a 4x4 climb up a steep track on the side of a mountain, vehicle in front of me hit a tree root and slashed a tyre. We finally changed the wheel but there was no way to turn around, so we had to proceed up the climb, while we were changing the wheel 2 other vehicles came up behind and had to wait. We get to the top where we could turn around but I wanted to make sure the other vehicles hadn't started up the last part of the climb. The guy in front tried to ring his wife, nothing, tried to ring his daughter, nothing, both my wife and I are with Telstra (and only for this reason) I called her to check and all was fine. Even though Telstra can be a pain in the arse in many ways it is much more reliable than the majority of the others in cases like this where your a little remote.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts