Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im pleading for help / advise here, does anyone know exactly how you un bolt the torque converter from the fly wheel / flex plate. I have spun the crank through 360 degrees several times but cannot see the bolts through the port for the starter motor. I can not get the motor to part from the Trans bell housing, nor can I get the trans to slip back beneath the car so the only access I can see is the port for the starter. Is there some trick, am I being dumb?
Surely there must be someone here who has done this before. I've had lots of help and advise on another post here but so far no one who has split an auto from a ZD30. Iv never done an auto my self either so Im flying blind here. (And I thought clutch alignment was a pain I've been at this for a week now!)
Hears hoping-
Peter.

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
there is a plastic inspection cover clips into bottom of sump from memory u pop it out to gain access to torque bolts and the bell housing will be glued with silastic to block if hasnt been apart since new so u will have to try and split apart with prybars etc

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Never done an auto from a patrol, but others that i have done have a plate cover on the bottom/front of the bellhousing, when cover is removed you can see the torque convertor bolted to the flywheel.

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys Ill keep you posted. Ill be back at the workshop in the AM.

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hummm still no joy no plastic cover I'm stumped and cranky now

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bitch is out! I guess i should have degreased better before starting, the port is below the starter motor port tucked in a corner between two flanges very hard to spot in poor light and under a mountain of oily sludge. Thank you all for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts