Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comp style winch bar build painted and just about finished

After the recent 4wd trip , found first trip off road seriously for the mav , and bent the bar that was on t and it was ugly and not winch compatible, so been busy building this last couple days 8)

thinking be a good place for hooks once plated on the inside of the cradel with a bit of 10mm plate then just drill and tap a thread in the plate ;)

just shows some of the gussets leading back from the tube, fair bit more of this type of stuff to be done yet, gussets are 4mm thick

not sure if I like this style of hoop looks a little small to me :?

trial fit of a winch so as to get some mesurements for a hoop, also need to work something out to brace the front of the cradle where the small bit of tube is the number plate is on, I have an idea for it, still very much a work in progress, but getting there, and best bit is so far the cost has been welding wire grinding discs and power all the steel is just stuff I had lying around :D

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hoop is done, but um yeah bit hard to tell if I like it or not, once all painted might blend in a bit more :?

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Looks pretty awesome man. personally not a fan of the hoop looked way better before. any chance of some inside photos (were the winch sits) gonna copy your design :p

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty awesome man. personally not a fan of the hoop looked way better before. any chance of some inside photos (were the winch sits) gonna copy your design :p
yeah not sure I am a fan either, but didn't like how exposed the high mount would be with out some form of protection for the motor and control box, and need something to remount spot lights and UHF aerial,plus still tossing around the idea of head light hoops also btw mate the winch cradle is actually part of an old ARB GQ high mount bar I have just re modified it a little ( well more strengthened it ) where arb's weak points are, once I take it back off will snap a shot of the inside for you

this was just a project to make a stronger bar and use up some old steel and cut up and get rid of some old bars I had lying around, just one of those types that can't throw old steel away lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
with some well placed tabs, you'll be able to mount all the lights and aerials you want!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with some well placed tabs, you'll be able to mount all the lights and aerials you want!
I think one pair of lights and one areial will be fine, it's not a bns commy ute, :p

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just about finished now :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts