Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it is possible to double switch the spot lights.
I wanna make it seem legal yet be able to use Spotlights when/if i need to without having headlights on. Using a hidden switch will allow me to turn on an off using the switch on the dash. I have painted an image that i think will work. Just wondering on opinions.

Is there a way of making power only go 1 way. Only issue i see is my "perminent power" adding power to the headlights aswell. When it comes to electrical i any pretty novice. But willing to give it a shot :D

How i think it should be wired

How i intend on wiring

Cheers Rick

·
Registered
782 Posts
"Power to headlights" is the high beam cable.

Are you using a switch that lights up when the spot lights are 'on' and high beam is on?
If you could do with out the light, you can get a three position switch with centre off.

In your second picture, change the "Non return resistor" to a diode, then change the 'blue' wire from the switch to the relay side of the diode.
Diodes are directional and must be installed the correct way.

Add some fuses to wires connected to the battery.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.

It was wired by previous owner to be legal. All I wanna do is put in an extra switch that I can flick an use the dashboard one as one off, if the 50 check it i would turn off the hidden switch an it would work as it should.

Could someone draw one up showing what I would need to do, are there kits available I could buy with a switch an diode?

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
if you are driving round with your spot lights on and there not needed you are going to be pulled up and checked over. i have never had a problem with connecting my spot lights to constant power. in 12 years of driving never been pulled over for my spot lights. just connect them to constant power so you can use them when ever you need them

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah wouldn't be driving around with em on like a fool. I've just heard that people have been done for it aswell as roof lights. With the gov about to start targeting us for bull-bars an the fact I'm a "p" driver would think it makes me more of a target.

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts