Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Spotlights Not Working

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  estcove 
#1 ·
Came home in the rain last night and tried to light up the drive with my spotties (I have a couple of silly cats who don't have much road sense.)

The spotties didn't come on. They are wired through High Beam and only work when HB is on.

Today I checked that HB was working...it was, but only on one headlight. I need a new bulb. Could this have caused the spotties to stop working.?
Don't want to be a pain in the arse, but it's wet and miserable here and I'd much rather get some advice than check the fuses etc.

#4 ·
How could it be? The spotlight relay will be wired in parrallel with one of the bulbs so it will never matter if the bulb is blown or not.

The actual relays themselves can always **** themselves, so check if it clicks and then check its output with a multimeter or check light.

#7 ·
Yeah. Come to think of it I should have. Then I wouldn't have given a stuff about whether the lights were going or not.
On the other hand I would have run out of piss before evening and been too drunk to go and get more.
Why are life's major decisions so tough?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.