Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a respray on sections of my GQ Ti. Mar/Gold.
Have allready got 2ltr gold, 1ltr maroonRed. Had a guy all lined up, but he
dissapeared from where he worked out of.

Im not after a showroom finish, or a jam job, just a cheap Glamm-up, the roof is cracking so a bare metal respray(gold), the bonnet was next, and if Possible a quick-over of gloss over the rest??or sections.

Im in the eastern burbs of melb.

Anyone gotta clear garage?, or do you 'know a guy'.

Thanx, Sean.

·
Registered
275 Posts
mate what do you mean a gloss up over the rest?? what it sounds like to me is bare metal roof and bonnet and respray rest of car or if you like a flow coat.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, umm, cheap, Flow Coat??. wot dat?.
Yeah basically, im on hand for the grunt work, or if they wish, leav it with em.

cheers
Sean

·
Registered
275 Posts
flow coat is a coat of clear over the whole car but it ant cheap the same amount of stripping needs to be done plus masking, mate put up some pics if it is just a roof and bonnet that needs painting plus a good cut and polish thats worlds apart from a flow coat.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Havnt forgotten bout the pics, tried to put them up, but the file size is too big, im an idiot, so i dont know howto resize, unless i crop/chop picture size.
You must be smarter than me on a pc, Whats the best way without chopping size???
Cheers
sean

·
Registered
275 Posts
oh that roof is ****ed, bonnet and guards are no issue just have to be bare metaled epoxyed primed and painted but gee that roof looks like fun only way out of it is bare metaled unless your sellin it do it properly next question what is your budget and how much work do you want to do yourself?? pm me and we can chat further if you like.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
looks like checkerplate has been lying on the roof for a while.

·
Registered
275 Posts
no thats where it has crows feet that have opened up so much is has exposed bare metal and started to rust .

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
gees never seen crows feet do that before.

·
Registered
275 Posts
yeah i have heard cars up the top end of australia can do it my moterinlaws au falcon s paint is stuffed from being in carns for 4 years.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
831 Posts
Try doin it yourself if you have a compressor & spray gun or hire them from an auto paint shop & get the paint colour matched, ask alot of questions & get advice.You'll be surprised how easy it is to do it yourself & get a great finish,it's all in the preperation.
Once you've done it you will have confidence to do all your touch ups in the future.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah i agree, have sprayed a car or 2, acrylic is easier and more forgiving but ive always got a very órange peely' job.
So, me do grunt (apprentice) work, someone else can do 'the shiny'work.
That way its done right first time, no major cutting afterwards.
:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts