Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to dig up a well know issues, im just wanting first hand experiences with refunds/ swap overs to amada shocks with Shane's dodgy product.

I understand the company has been bought out so who is best to chase up?
Ive got the "new improved comfort" shock which was sold to me by Shane when he was running SS but they are now buggered.

Has anyone chased him up recently for money or replacement shocks since he has branched off with WOW shocks?

·
Registered
Nissan
759 Posts
Dunno but I'd be curious aswell,
Iv had about 5 replacment sets and guess wat??

Yep this set has gone again!!!!!

I really don't know what to do??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fell for his 'comfort shock' speal and ended up forking out an additional 400 beans on top of what ive already thrown down the drain. and only to get another 6 months before they shat themselves. he did type up a receipt and offered to upgrade me to amadas for 90 dollars if they fail again. but this was under his old SS company.

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
993 Posts
I have been in contact with him recently via email and he has responded rather quickly and been helpful

I wasn't chasing refund or swapping though

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will be ringing him tomorrow. I was just looking for some insight into the matter as im contacting a company called WOW Shocks to get a refund for a product that was sold to me through a different company. I know some guys out there have had experience in dealing with Shane to get a replacement set of amadas and that what I will be asking for.

·
Registered
Nissan
759 Posts
Let us know how u go I've been meaning to ring him I just keep forgetting bout it!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I rang Shane on Friday and spoke to him about my situation. He asked if I could text him my details and he was going to ring me back in an hour.
On Sunday he sent me a text saying he would build a new set of mono tube shocks with an upgraded design and he would have them ready this week. I asked him not to as I will not give him another chance.

I rang him again on Monday to discuss my options.

I was told that the only way to get my car back on the road was to try another set of his shocks.
Shane told me about his money troubles and having to sell his house again, borrowing money off family to pay for groceries and bills etc.

I asked him to honor what he had written on my tax invoice (if shocks fail again he would upgrade to amadas for 100 dollars) and his response was he could not afford it.

I then asked for a refund of the 800 dollars I have payed for my shocks and he refused as he couldn't afford that either.

He offered me some secondhand parts off a patrol but I declined.
He then offered if I was to pay an extra 800 dollars (bringing the total investment on shocks to 1600) he could order in a set of amadas and then pay me back when he has the money. I also declined this offer.

I was getting upset at this stage and could no longer contain my rage at him so I told him to get me a set of amadas ASAP. he gave me a time frame of 1 to 6 months for when he could afford to order them in and I left it at that with the promise that I would be ringing him every second day to get an update.

Am I being unreasonable?
How long should I have to wait?
I just want either my money back or a set of shocks that don't have to be replaced every 5 months or 10,000 kms. If I knew it was going to end this way I would never have made my initial purchase.

It shats me to tears that I would have been better off going to autobarn and buying an 80 dollar shock which would have outlasted his mono tubes tenfold.

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
55 Posts
Quite within your rights mate,he needs to honour whats on the invoice. Not your fault he has money issues,you can take him to small claims tribunal,but if hes being honest that he has no money it could very well be a wasted endevour. Hope it all works out for you mate

·
Registered
Nissan
759 Posts
Probably explains why he won't reply to my emails....
I basically said in the email the same thing as what u said to him!!

****s gona get serious........

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
So I rang Shane on Friday and spoke to him about my situation. He asked if I could text him my details and he was going to ring me back in an hour.
On Sunday he sent me a text saying he would build a new set of mono tube shocks with an upgraded design and he would have them ready this week. I asked him not to as I will not give him another chance.

I rang him again on Monday to discuss my options.

I was told that the only way to get my car back on the road was to try another set of his shocks.
Shane told me about his money troubles and having to sell his house again, borrowing money off family to pay for groceries and bills etc.

I asked him to honor what he had written on my tax invoice (if shocks fail again he would upgrade to amadas for 100 dollars) and his response was he could not afford it.

I then asked for a refund of the 800 dollars I have payed for my shocks and he refused as he couldn't afford that either.

He offered me some secondhand parts off a patrol but I declined.
He then offered if I was to pay an extra 800 dollars (bringing the total investment on shocks to 1600) he could order in a set of amadas and then pay me back when he has the money. I also declined this offer.

I was getting upset at this stage and could no longer contain my rage at him so I told him to get me a set of amadas ASAP. he gave me a time frame of 1 to 6 months for when he could afford to order them in and I left it at that with the promise that I would be ringing him every second day to get an update.

Am I being unreasonable?
How long should I have to wait?
I just want either my money back or a set of shocks that don't have to be replaced every 5 months or 10,000 kms. If I knew it was going to end this way I would never have made my initial purchase.

It shats me to tears that I would have been better off going to autobarn and buying an 80 dollar shock which would have outlasted his mono tubes tenfold.

Sorry to hear you getting stuffed around .

And sorry hear that Shane let these shocks destroy his business and life, he was so successful when he only sold products that weren't his.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Sorry to hear you getting stuffed around .

And sorry hear that Shane let these shocks destroy his business and life, he was so successful when he only sold products that weren't his.
Yes, some how he was selling Superior gear for less then what they would sell it for.

Maybe I'm being bias but are there a lot of shonky goings on up there in Queensland ?, is it the climate or what is the story ?. It seems like all your bad doggy businesses either originate or flee to the sunshine state. Sorry if this offends but it is just a general observation from the past and present.

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
I just chucked mine, and bought amadas from superior like i should have done to start with. Wrote it off as a bad experience.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The way I see it is he has done the same for a few people now so he is obliged to do the same to me. And given its written on my invoice gives me further warrant to chase him. But if I push to far I fear I will get nothing.
should i just keep getting him to rebuild the shocks everytime he upgrades something? And just accept I should have never given him my money?

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
If you can afford to have the Patrol off the road while he rebuilds them, then there's nothing to be lost by doing so, as long as it's free. I wouldn't part with any more money under any circumstances though.

If you can't afford to have the Patrol off the road, then buy something else and move on. There's no benefit for either of you in chasing him to do something he can't.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
920 Posts
Quite within your rights mate,he needs to honour whats on the invoice. Not your fault he has money issues,you can take him to small claims tribunal,but if hes being honest that he has no money it could very well be a wasted endevour. Hope it all works out for you mate

Yes it is right but in the end the lawyers got the money...

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I must be doing something wrong as my cheapo procomp rear shocks and dobinson front shocks are still 100% after 9 years and 120,000km

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I must be doing something wrong as my cheapo procomp rear shocks and dobinson front shocks are still 100% after 9 years and 120,000km
100% I doubt that very much, everything wears with use. I just binned a set of bilstein shocks that had 80k of pretty hard use. They still did all the right things and felt ok, but the new billies feel so much better. You would be surprised at the change with new shocks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts