Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fit the rear aircon unit out of an ST-L GU into an ST?

I am looking at doing this, as my oldest boy has to sit in the rear, and he does get hot back there.

Any pics or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mick.

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
i'd be quite interested in this too.. have you already got the rear aircon unit?

·
Registered
nissan
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't got a unit yet, but am looking at getting one soon.

I have read the above thread, and although it would be ok, I want to go down the road of transfering the ST-L gear over if I can.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have got an ST-L, and looked at it for you, its gonna be a big task, and probably something that you will give up on if you have a good look at it, there is a lot of stuff involved with it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
There was a full rear kit on ebay last month for a gu4. It went to only one bidder and it sold for $850 brand spanking new in the box from a Nissan dealer in Victoria clearing out old stock. Pays to check out ebay every week!

·
Registered
nissan
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for taking a look Bert-O. I realise it would be a fair bit of effort, but it will be worth it I think.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey skiman, it is a very good system, thats why we got a ST-L, but I wouldnt have bothered if we had bought a ST, we planned it well and only looked at ST-L 's, for the kids and the dog and also to help keep the fridge cooler. If you do it let us know , you would be a very determined man. goodluck

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have a look around, you would be able to pick up another vehicle (ST-L) and save all the headaches in fitting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts