Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking at buying a vehicle from the auctions. it says its a statutory writeoff- impact damage on intire vehicle. from the pictures all panels appear straight , interior and motor look tidy. just wondering if theres a free website to check the vehicles history. i would go have a look but its 1200ks away
cheers in advance

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
you could do a REVS check?

it could have been written off due to hail damage, if thats the case you would struggle to see if in pics. in pics, a hail damaged car looks pretty good.

·
Registered
nissan gu
168 Posts
Where is it? maybe if its close for someone they could look for you

·
Registered
nissan
157 Posts
check the laws regarding reregistering a written off repaired vehicle, pretty sure it cant be done at all now in nsw

·
Registered
139 Posts
i saw that gu looks fine but could have chassis damage , and once a stat write off all vin/chassis number have been recorded and i believe therefore body and chassis are unable to be used for a road registered vehicle

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
A lot of the auction places like manheim fowles have information regarding buying statutory write off's on their web pages. In a nutshell you'll not be able to register it and it'll only be good for off road work or stripping out for parts.

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
REVS Check, PPSR, Car Check and Vehicle Checks | Car History

Do a full check on the car, but Id be wary of buying a write off. Check the link below for details on write offs in NSW. Personally, I wouldnt care how cheap the car is i'd never buy one. I'v seen the state some vehicles are bought for by Indians then rebuilt using cheap/incorrect parts and selling them again as repairable write offs.

Written-off vehicles

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
Actually for more clarity, its plain and simple on the the qld transport site...

"Statutory write-off

A statutory write-off is too badly damaged to be repaired to a standard that is safe for road use. The vehicle identification number (VIN) or chassis number is recorded as a statutory write-off, and the vehicle is not allowed to be registered. These vehicles are only suitable for use as parts or scrap metal.

A statutory write-off includes a:
•motor vehicle or trailer that has been immersed in salt water above the doorsill level for any period, or immersed in fresh water up to the dashboard or steering wheel for more than 48 hours
•motorbike that has been fully immersed in salt water for any period, or fresh water for more than 48 hours.""

So No dont buy it :)

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts